Model railway clubs

Started by Newportnobby, July 30, 2011, 03:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1racleman

Quote from: darren.c on July 31, 2011, 09:46:46 AM
also the knowledge base in a club is amazing
daz

IMO the knowledge base on this forum is enpsyclopeedick  :beers: !!!!! Spellcheque  anyone ??

Newportnobby

Quote from: m1racleman on July 31, 2011, 11:14:23 AM
Quote from: darren.c on July 31, 2011, 09:46:46 AM
also the knowledge base in a club is amazing
daz

IMO the knowledge base on this forum is enpsyclopeedick  :beers: !!!!! Spellcheque  anyone ??

The 'p' is silent as in pswimming ;D

moogle

I belong to Chester MRC and when I first went along there was only one member who did N gauge and the club wanted to build an N gauge for the exhibition circuit.
We now have, including myself, 4 members in the N gauge section and are slowly progressing on an N gauge layout.
To answer your original question our annual fee is £54 and we are lucky to have our own clubrooms.
Its a very friendly club with a good mix of members.
Clubs can be closed shops, anti n gauge (or any other scale), era specific without saying so (what? diesels? No!) or just too far to go to on a regular basis.
When I was growing up in Kent I joined my local club. They only did 'OO' but were interested in doing a N gauge.
Although it was quite a few years before we started on one and it never got finished I still learnt tons of stuff and have never regretted it.
So, never knock it till you've tried it. 
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Lawrence

Good that you are making progress moogle.  One of the clubs I went to as a visitor for a couple of evenings spent the majority of the time arguing whether or not they should convert to dcc or stay dc on one of their exhibition layouts, I gave up after that  ::)

poliss

lesmond

Quote from: Lawrence on July 31, 2011, 09:35:42 PM
Good that you are making progress moogle.  One of the clubs I went to as a visitor for a couple of evenings spent the majority of the time arguing whether or not they should convert to dcc or stay dc on one of their exhibition layouts, I gave up after that  ::)

The best "discussion" I ever heard round the tea table was whether the V1 or V2 came first in WW2  ???
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Newportnobby

Quote from: lesmond on August 01, 2011, 08:45:42 PM

The best "discussion" I ever heard round the tea table was whether the V1 or V2 came first in WW2  ???

Uh - that would be Version 1 and Version 2 perchance (just a wild guess) ::)

Tank

Quote from: newportnobby on August 01, 2011, 09:29:33 PM

It's Vergeltungswaffe 1.   ::) ;D

lesmond

I wouldn't want either swimming up my a***  ;D

More tablets, and quickly...

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2011, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 01, 2011, 09:29:33 PM

It's Vergeltungswaffe 1.   ::) ;D

Sorry Tank - I was being moronic ironic.  By the way, glad to hear your back's easing up a little. Don't take too many anti-inflammatories or there may be complaints from another quarter :smiley-laughing:

lesmond

[/quote]

Sorry Tank - I was being moronic ironic.  By the way, glad to hear your back's easing up a little. Don't take too many anti-inflammatories or there may be complaints from another quarter :smiley-laughing:
[/quote]

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations