Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

To me its not a good way to do business, very crafty, still lots of people must find it acceptable. Anyway it means I manage to keep hold of my pennies for a little while longer  :D

railsquid

Well doh... unhappy at myself... a while back the Mrs. brought home from a nice adjustable workbench-style lamp which had fallen off the back of an inventory. As I wasn't doing any modelling at the time, it languished a while until its utility became apparent and has done sterling service. Until the other day, when I rather uncarefully yanked the flexible head in a direction it probably shouldn't, and something made a clicking noise, and it went dead. "Hopefully just the light element", methunk, and ordered a new one. That didn't work. But - being a dab hand at smearing solder about, I thought I'd have a crack at dismantling it to see if I'd twisted a contact somewhere or something... Having dismantled it, I then noticed it has a "push-and-hold" type switch on the base, which if pressed and held, makes it work...

What had happened is that I'd pushed the lamp base slightly off the "workbench" so this switch was no longer in contact with its surface, breaking the circuit... Still at least I have a replacement light element should I needed....

Newportnobby

If you'd had a few Germans local to you you could have got them round because, as we know, many Hans make light work :laugh:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on September 06, 2016, 01:55:58 PM
If you'd had a few Germans local to you you could have got them round because, as we know, many Hans make light work :laugh:

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Tom U

I take a dim view of such light hearted jokes.  They turn me off.

railsquid

Illuminating comments, guys  :beers:

dannyboy

I think we should all lighten up, even if Railsquid did take a dim view of the circumstances  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

OK, I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the forum...

Snowwolflair

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Its only 14 weeks to Christmas and i have just had my first email promoting a Christmas Shop.

dannyboy

Quote from: Snowwolflair on September 06, 2016, 06:35:28 PM

Its only 14 weeks to Christmas and i have just had my first email promoting a Christmas Shop.

:o :goggleeyes: Christmas should be banned until December 1st - at the earliest!!!
David.

daveg

Quote from: dannyboy on September 06, 2016, 06:42:41 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on September 06, 2016, 06:35:28 PM

:o :goggleeyes: Christmas should be banned until December 1st - at the earliest!!!

Is that 1st December this year or 2017?

Just checkin'!  :dunce:  :wave:

Dave G

dannyboy

We could have Christmas just in a Leap Year  ???. Actually I do not mind Christmas, but the adverts/shop stock seems to get earlier every year, that's is why it should not be allowed until December. Mind you, if I have to work during Christmas Day, I get paid triple time, so it's not all bad  ;).
David.

Sprintex

Delivering mostly Christmas promo stock today  :claphappy:

My favourite time of year, waving goodbye to the horrible hot weather and looking forward to darker evenings and crisp cold mornings. Oh, and CHRISTMAS of course!!  :bounce:

Paul (big kid)

steve836

Quote from: Sprintex on September 06, 2016, 08:10:29 PM
Delivering mostly Christmas promo stock today  :claphappy:

My favourite time of year, waving goodbye to the horrible hot weather and looking forward to darker evenings and crisp cold mornings. Oh, and CHRISTMAS of course!!  :bounce:

Paul (big kid)

My favourite time too---- soon be waving goodbye to horrible cold weather and off to India, Christmas dinner of lobster on the beach, no repeats on telly just sunshine, good food and cheap booze! :claphappy: :laugh: :P
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

camelback

Do not mention der christmas or you vill be shot.
James.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations