Party time

Started by belstone, November 25, 2014, 12:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belstone

I  bought a huge number of old model railway magazines at a bargain price and have discovered among other things that next year is the 50th anniversary of the introduction of Peco Streamline N gauge track.  I trust that Peco will be throwing a massive free party with all N gauge modellers invited.

Other discoveries: the first Minitrix models had very neat tension-lock couplings (a pity they didn't become the industry standard), and Peco announced their MGR hopper wagon in 1972. We had to wait a while longer for that one...

Bealman

:laughabovepost: I wouldn't be holding me breath on that one! you never know, though....

I too have a huge collection of Railway Modelllers dating back to 1957, most of which I bought myself over my lifetime, but I do have a large selection of other mags dating back to the 70s and 80s. I spend much of my time looking through them, as there are some classic articles and legendary layouts in them.

They are also of use even today, just recently I scanned in a C.J. Freezer plan from the August 1963 issue and sent it to moderator Caz at her request.... and when I've studied it, it's almost the perfect plan for the upcoming major station on my own layout.

Great stuff, and lovely memories.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations