airbrush nozzle

Started by bluedepot, February 02, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

sorry move to correct board mods if you like

i am new to airbrushing

is the nozzle in the picture below snapped or broken???  this is the first time i ever tried to remove the nozzle.  i just wanted to learn to disassemble the brush for cleaning etc.   i used a nozzle removal wrench.  anyway i can't get the nozzle back on now - it doesn't seem to screw in at all, tried the spanner and the wrench...   so just wondering if the nozzle is damaged, and as i don't know what the nozzle should be like, has it snapped during removal???

it's an iwata neo brush.

anyway if anyone has any ideas on this i would be very grateful!

many thanks

tim

Steamie+

To be honest the photo's are blurry and we are not able to see much. I don't think taking the nozzle of with the spanner would cause any damage, unless you have inadvertently turned it clockwise and put more tension on the screw thread. That is the only reason i can give, i just hope you haven't damaged the female thread on the unit itself, if you have i am sorry but you may well have made the unit useless. Get a replacement nozzle and try that 1st is my advice bluedepot.

:)

bluedepot

cheers for reply steamie.

yeah sorry hard to take a pic of such a tiny piece.

i have ordered a new nozzle.  hopefully that will sort it.  i'm pretty sure something is wrong with the existing one and that it is maybe broken.

i think i prefer the mini spanner to the wrench...

anyway 18 quid spent on replacement now so we shall see!

it's frustrating but i guess you have to learn somehow, and i seem to learn best by breaking things!

tim

Steamie+

Quote from: bluedepot on February 05, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
cheers for reply steamie.

yeah sorry hard to take a pic of such a tiny piece.

i have ordered a new nozzle.  hopefully that will sort it.  i'm pretty sure something is wrong with the existing one and that it is maybe broken.

i think i prefer the mini spanner to the wrench...

anyway 18 quid spent on replacement now so we shall see!

it's frustrating but i guess you have to learn somehow, and i seem to learn best by breaking things!

tim

I have never used a wrench Tim, just take your time and don't rush it and you will be so happy using your Airbrush and will not look back at the mistake you made, will all do at some point. We are human after all lol  :) :)

NinOz

Not sure of your particular model and brand.
However in my early days (mid 1970s) using a badger which has a long flow adjustment needle that screws in from the back, I removed the nozzle and after cleaning the guts, couldn't replace it.  After a bit of puzzling I realised that during cleaning I had move the needle too far forward preventing the nozzle from engaging the threads.
Wound the needle back and it went on like a charm.
Regards,
CFJ

Looked at your second photo:
You are going to meet a tall beautiful blonde, soon.
Your life line is very short, terminating soon after meeting this stranger.
There is some involvement with authorities expected for your significant other.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Steamie+

Agree with above    :thumbsup:,  but not about the palm reading lol  :laugh: :laugh:

silly moo

I have done a bit of airbrushing but don't do much at the moment because it takes so long to clean up afterwards  :( One thing I have learned is to treat the airbrush needle with the utmost care. The point of the needle can get easily bent and affect the performance of the airbrush.

:NGaugersRule:

NeMo

Difficult to tell anything from the photos.

But the nozzle should be clear enough you can see light through the hole. If it won't go back into its hole, check you've aligned everything properly. The danger is you have stripped the threads of the screw inside the nozzle. Easily done if you turn the nozzle too hard in the wrong direction.

Can't speak for the Iwata model, but cheap Chinese clones use nozzles that are easily bought on eBay for a few quid. Likewise needles, which I find MUCH easier to damage (i.e., bend their tips). Either way, it's worth laying one or two of each down for future use. I invariably damage a needle partway through a paint job, and don't particularly want to wait two weeks for delivery of a new one!

If I recall correctly, there is a tiny rubber washer inside the nozzle; at least, there is on mine. Take care when washing the nozzle so you don't lose or damage this washer. For example, soaking it overnight in white spirit to remove enamel paint is one thing to avoid.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Steamie+

Quote from: NeMo on February 06, 2017, 06:30:51 AM

For example, soaking it overnight in white spirit to remove enamel paint is one thing to avoid.

Cheers, NeMo

Agree  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations