403 Error

Started by dannyboy, July 25, 2018, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

OK, thanks njee20.

crewearpley40

ive tried contacting my service provider, rebooting, checking power, links, anything else could think of and my computer has been serviced

dannyboy

@Tank  @Only Me
I have just tried to do my original post again and am getting the same 'Forbidden' error. Incidentally and I do not know if this is in any way related, but some post notifications are still taking a long time to get to me - your post of 1123 Tank  was not notified to me until 1214.

Addit: Browser and cookies cleared last night.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

SEEMS to be working okay albeit slowly

daveg

No problem here in Nearly Wales!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

njee20

Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 26, 2018, 11:51:52 AM
ive tried contacting my service provider, rebooting, checking power, links, anything else could think of and my computer has been serviced

Are you getting the same error then?

Quote from: dannyboy on July 26, 2018, 12:30:29 PM
@Tank  @Only Me
I have just tried to do my original post again and am getting the same 'Forbidden' error. Incidentally and I do not know if this is in any way related, but some post notifications are still taking a long time to get to me - your post of 1123 Tank  was not notified to me until 1214.

Addit: Browser and cookies cleared last night.

So it's something related to a specific thread - which was exactly what I found; I could post in other threads. Any links or hosted content in that post (images etc)?

dannyboy

I can post in all the other threads I have tried, the system will just not accept my original post. There are no links in the post. The 4 lines that begin with numbers in reply #6 were a straight copy and paste from a web page - maybe that is causing the problem, (I used italics just to differentiate from the original post), but I could copy and paste the entire original post and place it in reply #6!  :confused2:
David.

Railwaygun

A VPN connection can cause this - switch it off!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Tank

Unlocked - I don't know why it was locked? ???

Quote from: Railwaygun on July 27, 2018, 05:14:53 PM
A VPN connection can cause this - switch it off!

I would if I had a VPN.

dannyboy

I started a new topic '403 error - more!' yesterday.

This reply from Only Me might explain -

Re: 403 error - more!
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:24:38 pm »
Thank You
Because every-so often i close topics that are not train related or a problem with this site or just create drivel for drivel  sake  :-\
The other topic was closed hence why you cany reply.... the most likely
Issue is your isp directs you to a load balancer that the hosting company is using thats not working properly or your cut and paste from another website contained hidden code which we dont allow

>:D
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:27:25 pm by Only Me »

Incidentally, I have not, as far as I am aware, never used a VPN, but when I looked at my settings, they were allowed, so I have 'unallowed' them.  I started the original topic because I had what appeared to be a computer problem and we have a section specifically for computer problems. As far as I am aware I have never 'drivelled', I am not that senile. Oh sorry, I meant 'dribble'  :). Anyway, all forgotten now.
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations