57005 advenza freight
57006 advenza freight
86213 "lancashire witch" intercity
67010 "charles dawin" wrexham & shropshire

also got a 47 in intercity on order  ;D

:NGaugeForum:

moogle

Well here's a few of mine.

1st up, the first two coaches I made for my Irish branchline.

They were Mike Howarth kits with the corridor connections removed.

I never got round to finishing glazing them and have since used the bogies off one on something else.

Transfers were my 1st attempt at home made ones.
The coaches look like no Irish prototype I know of but I think I was trying to represent something like a suburban Park Royal.
Funny how you live and learn!

Next up, my first Irish wagon.

Started off as a Peco flat wagon.
I made the 'Bord na Mona' loco up as I went along using bits from the junk box and plastic sheet.

Tried painting the 'Flying Snail' logo on but its not brilliant. Looks ok otherwise.

Last up, my 1st 'bash' at a prototype.

Its going to be one of the 1930's Bredin designed steel panel stock. A 'third' in this case.
They were very similar to ones that ran on the NCC north of the border which were, of course, LMS designed.

Although 60' long, my model is made from splicing parts from two Lima MK1's together and so is only about 57'.
It looks right to me. Still have a lot to do on this one though!

Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Tank

Nice work Moogle!  Irish railways isn't my strong point.

Right, here are most of my custom loco's and stock.  Some I've made, repainted, or bought.  Some good models, and some terrible!  :D  Or maybe you'll think they're all terrible?!?!  Most of them certainly need more work done on them.

I won't right a description for all of them right now, as I'll be here forever, and I'm already getting dirty looks from the Mrs.  ;)  Ask away if you get curious.

moogle

Variety is the spice of life!

I like 23 001. A useful looking loco that!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

tadpole

Yep, the baby delly is cute. Also love the camouflage-liveried 37 & 08.

The 31 looks surprisingly at home in nse livery.
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

Thanks guys for the comments.  Sadly the Class 23 was long gone before NSE was around.  But I like to make unique loco's, and Heritage N was selling this cheap with a defect in the body!

The 31 is a Lima I think.  It was secondhand and had been bashed around.  I was bored one evening and the paint brushes flew into my hands!  :D  It's not the best runner, so I'll probably flog it once I get down to DCCing some of my other loco's.  I sold a Lima 'Plymouth' shunter in Revised NSE livery on eBay a couple of years ago.  I made quite a profit on that! :)

longbridge

Some mighty fine looking work there Chris, love the Class 37.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

darren.c

Quote from: michael on August 06, 2011, 07:02:42 PM
heres a few of mine, some of them you may well have seen on here before,

i am looking at doing the class 973xx what colour did you use for the roof
daz

Jonathan Clapp

my fleet of Boston area mid-century commuter vehicles.
I decorated all but two of these.

Claude Dreyfus

I only have the one customised loco not. I purchased this model about 15 years ago for £35.00. It was a Minitrix 47 - my first one - and I wanted it despite the non-standard paint job...someone had repainted the Railfrieght grey bodyside green. The ran in this condition until 2002, when I exhibited at the N Gauge Society's 35th Anniversary. There I obtained some souvenir name plates with a crest. This model was the ideal recipient as it was already in a non-standard livery...so why not add a non-standard name?

michael

Quote from: darren.c on August 07, 2011, 09:55:25 PM
i am looking at doing the class 973xx what colour did you use for the roof
daz

Hi Daz

It was done with a shade that I mixed myself. Unfortunatly it ran out half way through another project, now I have to try and mix something very sinilar again!

Tank

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 07, 2011, 10:56:55 PM
This model was the ideal recipient as it was already in a non-standard livery...so why not add a non-standard name?

Lovely name plates.  I'd love a set like that.  :)

tadpole

Some of you probably saw this 4BEP unit on eBay recently. Well I was the lucky winner (£43), so here are some pics.

It's a nicely done set, close-coupled which I like. This is what it looked like when it arrived:

And this is what it looks like now:

Not quite finished yet - needs a headcode. Any suggestions? My usual LSW ones won't really work for a BEP. What would a Dover express have carried?
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

Looking good mate.  I saw it on eBay and I had it in my Watched items.  I was going to bid for it, but then I decided not to.  I like the changes you've done. :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations