Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on January 13, 2022, 11:17:01 PM
Ah, squiddy is just trying to impress the boss  :D

Well he should be - with that I've doubled the amount of NSE-liveried stock in my possession  :thumbsup:

exmouthcraig

As if I've rolled the clock back to 1986.....

47612 Titan joins the ranks although some plans afoot for her which will give me something to do now Clifton Wood is complete. Maybe a new layout needs to be planned  :-[

ohlavache

I have received several things in the past days.

In particular, NGS Hunslet in Caledonian pale blue, the NGF wagon and a gunpowder van.

Many thanks to the NGS, @Tank and The Wagon Yard for these beautiful items !!!

And before Christmas, I also received some Graham Farish wagons.

Tank

Alcazar

Spotted these in the second-hand department of ETS https://www.modelleisenbahn.com/second/ - scroll down somewhat for more.

I didn't really want the twin railcar - the pictures were mixed and I thought I was buying a selection of vehicles, but for the price I'm not complaining. There appear to be two sets, one missing a floor. The N2 and L3 are complete - I'll be looking at @Dr Al for inspiration here.  I suspect the crane is Skytrex - does anyone know? If anyone has instructions I would be grateful for a copy.

I'm not 100% sure but I suspect that in addition to several Langley kits, there are 3 Graham Hughes kits on the website - an unknown, the CR 498 and the SR Q class.

ETS take orders from abroad, but I would try the telephone rather than ordering by e-mail.

Peter

simonprelude

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 06, 2022, 03:13:02 PM
47715 - Resplendent in her newly applied Network SouthEast livery, I'm probably wrong but I think Haymarket was the first 47 to wear this version of NSE livery

From memory I wouldn't have thought that to be correct, not sure an easy way of finding out. First photos I've seen from a quick search are from 1991 and some on the 47/4 were in revised NSE in the late 80's

(Greyfriars Bobby plates were removed December 1990 and I don't think it carried those and NSE livery)

simonprelude

Quote from: pinball on November 17, 2021, 11:18:43 AM
Well on the way to getting a full 2+7 Executive HST set now thanks to finding a load of new coaches going at a sensible price online.

I do think if forced to choose at gunpoint, this is the best HST livery (although I do like the BR Blue and Intercity swallow a great deal as well).

Trick of the light or mixture of Farish and Dapol for the height difference between loco and first carriage?

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: simonprelude on January 26, 2022, 01:11:08 PM
Trick of the light or mixture of Farish and Dapol for the height difference between loco and first carriage?

Out of the box Dapol Mk3s don't always sit at the same height as the HST power cars.  Can normally be solved by adjusting the pick-ups and contacts in the power cars, although I was lucky and my set is good as supplied.

You can get a similar issue with Graham Farish DMUs, for example, which again can be fixed by fiddling with the pick-ups/contacts or even adding some weight.  I've had to fiddle with every Farish 101 and 108 I've got!

pinball

Quote from: simonprelude on January 26, 2022, 01:11:08 PM

Neither. The culprit is Kato test track with the rails where the controller wires plug in sitting higher, plus a slight gradient on poor carpet where the table is situated. The HST height differential looks better on a proper layout.

Alcazar

Quote from: Alcazar on January 26, 2022, 12:57:47 PM
I suspect the crane is Skytrex - does anyone know?

A little research reveals that this is in fact an 25T American Industrial Crane from Stewart Products of Portsmouth R.I. I guess the instructions will be hard to come by, but I did find some for the HO version (with more parts). I guess Rule 1 will have to apply, or did American sell cranes to Britain?

Peter

Jeff_W

I might get a little carried away on ebay sometimes.

72 wagons of various manufacturers.

A closer look:

Only thing left is to group these into which cars would most likely end up in a train together I guess. I feel like the era for most should be about the same. Still planning on a few more little purchases to start my new 2x4' layout which I should have a thread for soon.

Newportnobby

Do I detect you like Private Owner wagons? ;)
This site might help you track down any particular one you may be seeking (Note - my browser states it's not a secure site but it should be OK for just looking)...........

http://www.stepo.net/index.html

Jeff_W

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 27, 2022, 11:33:20 AM
Do I detect you like Private Owner wagons? ;)
This site might help you track down any particular one you may be seeking (Note - my browser states it's not a secure site but it should be OK for just looking)...........

http://www.stepo.net/index.html

Funny you sent me that link...that's who I bought these from! ;D

railsquid

Quote from: Jeff_W on January 27, 2022, 09:39:36 AM
I might get a little carried away on ebay sometimes.

72 wagons of various manufacturers.

Did you... fall off the wagon?

I'd get my coat but I live in it permanently.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations