What should the next 64ft Revolution DMU be?

Started by bluedepot, October 24, 2023, 08:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

Just for fun ...

Which of these 64ft long dmus should Revolution (or anyone else) make next?

You can vote for your top three.

I included class 117 although I know Bachmann have made this in oo so they may well release it in n gauge too.

Also I know some classes are very similar and could be done at the same time but I left them as separate classes.

Also news flash they are making class 120 already so not on the ballot.

Thorpe Parva

Just voted for Other as I would like a Class 104 and/or Class 105.

31/10 -Just realised that I should also have voted for the Class 115 as they operated on Marylebone-Nottingham & Nottingham-Leicester-Birmingham services in the early 60s.

bluedepot

Thanks

I believe they are shorter that the class 128 chassis though, but a good choice!  I was trying to just lost 64ft long vehicles.

Maybe Rapido can make a 57ft chassis or whatever the exact measurements are!

Cheers

Tim

Steven B

Ben has said here (or was it RMWeb) that the chassis was designed to give them the option of 58' units, hence it driving one bogie.

Classes 110 and 104 would be top of my list, but have voted for what I'd buy...

SB

bluedepot

ah ok I didn't know that!

ok so the poll needs a lot more options!!

I'll revise it later on if i get time.  supposed to be working now though so had better get on with it!

tim

ianwales

Roy L S

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on October 24, 2023, 09:12:18 AMJust voted for Other as I would like a Class 104 and/or Class 105.

Bachmann already do a 105 in OO so I wonder if this would put it in the same position as the 117?

A 117 would probably be top of my wish-list although the Trans-Pennine units have a certain charisma. Personally not that fussed who makes what so a further thought - what else might the Dapol 121/122 chassis be suitable for (possibly with a bit of an upgrade for Next 18 and sound)?

Roy

tunneroner61

I have voted for a 117 as used on the Paddington suburban services - back to 1960s spotting days. With some thought by the manufacturer I reckon they could produce models of all the long underframe Derby design variants using the same basic mechanism and body. The most obvious difference would be plain cab ends as per 116 and roof box ends as per 117/118.

Norman

kesdrive

They all look the same to me! Don't understand all those numbers but if its green with small yellow panels and ran in the east midlands put  me down for one. In my spotting days they were all known as 'bog units'!
 :dunce:

Chris

PennineWagons

Quote from: ianwales on October 24, 2023, 09:41:50 AMHow about the LMS D1996 articulated DMU?

Why not? Gets my vote.
Oh go on, Ben & Mike, you know you want to.
PW

Chris Morris

I must confess my favourite would be a class 22 with some non corridor coaches acting as a replacement for a failed DMU.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

bluedepot

117 would be most useful to me, and probably the most popular choice.

I can't help but like the faces on the class 123 and 124 though. they may be a bit too niche though for a viable model.  who knows though.

tim

Bob Tidbury

A Chiltern Railways 165 as thats what my daughter learnt to drive in she now drives a 168 Chiltern Clubman .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

I can't see the 124 being done owing to the curved windscreen which everyone has shied away from e.g. Rapido class 28 and the lack of an AM10 EMU which would be a must for any modeller's WCML

Quote from: kesdrive on October 24, 2023, 12:12:56 PMThey all look the same to me! Don't understand all those numbers but if its green with small yellow panels and ran in the east midlands put  me down for one. In my spotting days they were all known as 'bog units'!
 :dunce:
Chris

Yeah - we knew them as 'bog carts'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations