Trying to find royal train coach

Started by Le Night ferry, October 18, 2023, 12:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Night ferry

I'm trying to find british royal train.
Seems farish made small amount of coach, and Electrarail made decals(they stopoed producing)
In ebay, there are decals, but it does include windows, that means it is impossible to lighting it?
Is there any option for it?

njee20

It's never been done ready to run.

Yes you can use Electra vinyls. They're designed to go over Farish coaches, which are just clear plastic, with no raised detail.

Electra will be starting up again, so probably the easiest route. I've not seen the eBay ones specifically, but there was a chap selling vinyls on eBay which were a bit hit and miss (not specifically the royal train ones). Chris Code or something like that.

Le Night ferry

Quote from: njee20 on October 18, 2023, 08:24:36 AMIt's never been done ready to run.

Yes you can use Electra vinyls. They're designed to go over Farish coaches, which are just clear plastic, with no raised detail.

Electra will be starting up again, so probably the easiest route. I've not seen the eBay ones specifically, but there was a chap selling vinyls on eBay which were a bit hit and miss (not specifically the royal train ones). Chris Code or something like that.
Yesbit was chris code trees.
Seems like it was notnso worth...
Did Electra announced to resell rpyal train decals?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Adam1701D

Electra should be back up and running next month, with a much better printer than I could have dreamed of!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Steven B

When they re-open, Electra will sell vinyl's for the 1977 train and the current one:
https://electrarail.co.uk/royal-train-10-c.asp

The website lists the coaches that make up each train pack so you can get shopping (and stripping!) whilst you wait for production to restart. The Royal coaches have windows in some non-standard locations so you're probably best tracking down some of the Poole-era (or early Chinese produced) clear body shell coaches rather than the newer ones with separate windows.

The other option is to modify Farish/Dapol coaches - Phoenix Precision sell the paint whilst Railtec may be persuaded to make transfers for the lining as they already produce them in 3mm and 4mm scales.

SB.

njee20

Quote from: Bealman on October 18, 2023, 08:51:30 AM???  ???

Everyone else seems to be understanding the OP just fine. If you have nothing to add why post?

crewearpley40

The one Coach that I hope can be found is 2908

https://www.hattons.co.uk/110541/graham_farish_374_925k_mk_1_slf_2908_in_royal_train_claret_exclusive_to_bachmann_collectors_club/stockdetail

The SLF

Hopefully others have said
Once the new owners are up and running. Depends if modelling the 1977 or the present day version

I agree with Steven

Nick I @njee20 I guess George may have misunderstood the issue over the chap on eBay.

I understood The Op. However happy to wait for electra. to start trading

Bealman

Quote from: njee20 on October 18, 2023, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: Bealman on October 18, 2023, 08:51:30 AM???  ???

Everyone else seems to be understanding the OP just fine. If you have nothing to add why post?

Well I guess I must be dumb, then (which is what your post implies), but I'm sorry - reply #2 makes no sense to me at all.

njee20

Yep. Looks that way. Let me translate it for you. 

QuoteYes it was "chris code trees". (An eBay seller, who I referenced in my previous reply)
sounds like they're not worth it
Have Electra announced they'll start selling royal train decals again?

The OP's Japanese, so there's some slightly atypical sentence structure, but it's not exactly hard to work out what he's asking. You harp on about family in Japan, so you could just ask him to post in Japanese. Instead you just saw fit to belittle, on a thread you weren't participating in anyway. Classy move from a moderator.

The OP got his answers, including from Adam, which is great. Shall we encourage people to post, or at least say things like "I'm really sorry, I don't understand what you mean". Even then, why not just leave it if you've no intention of participating?

Newportnobby

Knock it off please, Chaps. This doesn't show the forum in the best light.
Regardless of language skills it's a sad fact some folks don't check what they've typed before hitting 'Post' so some 'sausage finger' posts get through.
Can we leave it there, please?

Bealman

Easy. And I haven't got family in Japan.

But apparently I "harp on" about it.

All finished.

Le Night ferry

Seems like I make some misspelling.
Well, for steam hauled version, I should buy current version.
Going to renumber maroon duchess to 6233 Duchess of Sutherland.

njee20

Quote from: Le Night ferry on October 19, 2023, 02:33:20 PMSeems like I make some misspelling.
Well, for steam hauled version, I should buy current version.
Going to renumber maroon duchess to 6233 Duchess of Sutherland.

Don't worry, your intention is clear. Your English is markedly better than my Japanese!

I don't believe the current version is ever steam hauled - it's top and tailed by a pair of class 67s, previously class 47s. Obviously the Royal Train is ceremonial, but it also serves a purpose, and that's to transport royalty, not to be a spectacle, indeed that's literally the opposite of what they want! If you want steam haulage I think you'll need to go to a very old vesion, not the current or 1977 iteration. I don't even know what went before.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations