Which railbus would you like to see made rtr in n gauge?

Started by bluedepot, November 06, 2023, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

Which railbus would you like to see made rtr in n gauge?

I included some prototypes which didn't run in service so far as I recall - just added in for fun.

You get three votes so select your top 3!

I think maybe a first gen option could be v popular in n gauge for branch lines and micro layouts, and preservation layouts.

If I missed any options just let me know and I can add them.

As an aside what happened to the AC Cars railbus shell that was behind the sheds at Loughborough GCR for many years?  I often went round the back of the sheds to look at all the bits n pieces stored there.

Cheers

Tim

PLD

There's some merit in all the first generation apart from the Bristol/ECWs...

The AC Cars and the W&M being the longest lasting and having preserved examples are the most obvious types to do, though the Park Royal had the wider geographic spread and considered by many the prettiest (least ugly)
The Wickham also offers the option of the one-off track-recording car ...

The Leyland National based LEV series, could be done as a spin off from a narrow bodied Pacer (class 141)...

Steven B

Is it worth adding the missing Pacers to this list?
Class 140 (single prototype built)
Class 141 (20 built)
Class 143 (25 built)
Class 144 (20 built)

A three car (DMS-MS-DMSL) WYPTE Class 144 would find a home in my stock box.

Newportnobby

I think only the A.C unit was seen on the WR around Oxford but I'm happy to be corrected

Bob Tidbury

How about the Parry People mover as used on the Stourbridge branch line.

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 06, 2023, 04:20:24 PMOnly 3 built, and how many folk model the Stourbridge branch?

Post privatisation, probably very few as their no RTR class 139...

Most of the railcars listed only managed five being built, with many of them only having one or two. Makes the class 139 almost numerous! (and more common than a LMS twin!).

Steven B

Roy L S

Quote from: Steven B on November 06, 2023, 05:00:26 PMMost of the railcars listed only managed five being built, with many of them only having one or two. Makes the class 139 almost numerous! (and more common than a LMS twin!).

Steven B

Indeed which is why when I suggested a 1st generation railbus to Revolution Trains they were not especially bought into the idea...

bluedepot

thanks everyone for the votes and replies!

i think ac cars and w und m would be the most sensible option from a commercial perspective.  as pld pointed out there are preserved examples.

I only included 4 wheel railbuses in the vote. i can't remember why now tbh.

class 141/143/144 would be a good shout though. maybe in a few years when pacer nostalgia hits someone will make a 143 or 144. efe rail released a oo version I noticed although not their own tooling as I understand it.

cheers

tim

PLD

Quote from: bluedepot on November 06, 2023, 08:39:49 PMmaybe in a few years when pacer nostalgia hits someone will make a 143 or 144. efe rail released a oo version I noticed although not their own tooling as I understand it.
The EFE 143/4 are using the RealTrack models (D&E Videos/DC Kits) tooling - As I understand it, EFE (? Bachmann / Kernow?) basically funded a new run of RT's production.

RealTrack, have never shown any significant interest in N Gauge, so I don't see any real prospect of an N version from that direction...

Newportnobby

The Derby units (basically a single car lightweight) were frequently seen around Bletchley and Buckingham but they are 8 wheelers

Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby ,
I Like unusual stock and thats why I mentioned the Parry People Mover .
I have actually seen one when we did an exhibition at Stourbridge we just missed having a ride in it , It wasnt doing a return trip so we wouldnt have been able to get back to the car .
Bob

Newportnobby

It's certainly unusual, Bob.
A bit like the road equivalent of a bubble car

I think this poll is 100% just for fun as I can't imagine any manufacturer is going to create a RTR version of such small classes. It lends itself more to a 3D body and a motorised chassis if one is available

robert shrives

The 139 are just bouncy ride castles! There is a 3d print body IIRC and a few years back was in a display case at Warley show.
There even was a narrow 2 foot gauge one on the Ffestiniog on trial but it was not watertight and I got the job of hauling a tarp over it!  The std gauge one is not much better and the sad kennel they have at SBJ is equally depressing!
Viz poll the Park Royal and Wickham get my vote.
Robert   

robert shrives

Should add R3 voted for - only me! It worked Severn Beach for a while and then slunk off to NIR and is now at Portpatrick and County Down Railway- for sale it seems. An Rtr in both styles and hope to regauge to 10.5mm
Robert

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations