3 new products from Dapol

Started by scruff, September 28, 2011, 10:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

Dapol have said they are going to announce 3 new products soon. Any guesses as to what they may be?

my guesses are
1- class 27 as a follow on to the 26 and possibly the reason for delaying the 56?
2- mk3 in research livery, test car 10?
3- class 22, like the kernow ltd editions in OO.

only guesses as i said and a bit of fun while we wait...

Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: scruff on September 28, 2011, 10:38:52 PM
Dapol have said they are going to announce 3 new products soon. Any guesses as to what they may be?

my guesses are
3- class 22, like the kernow ltd editions in OO.

Hi Mark - let's hope so. It would be ideal for my location/era and would complete my collection of hydraulics :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

There is plenty of promised/outstanding stuff waiting in the wings

I'd guess
- The pacer
- The 121
- The mark 3 buffet
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scruff

It is true but these are previously unannounced "products".

Nobby, fingers crossed for ya mate!

EtchedPixels, 121 is out in october and mk3 buffet, I need 4, jan-feb according to dapol, no mention of the 142 yet.

Mark

Ollie3440

Quote from: scruff on September 28, 2011, 10:38:52 PM
2- mk3 in research livery, test car 10?

You are right on this one, i noticed it on the dapol product list in rails the other week

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Jonny

When I spoke to Dave at Blythe show we were talking about the need for a updated and detailed Duchess/City be it streamlined or not as the old Poole locos are very outdated

His reply was streamlined wools be nice but not like I'm telling you what were making  giggles

Jon
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

scruff

mainly for etchedpixels but may be useful for others, Dapol have said the 142 will be available in  the 3rd quarter of 2012.

only another year to wait then!

That means no more announced new power unit releases between now and may/june if I'm right, except maybe the western....

These are the Dapol releases I know about at the moment.

class 86 booksets, class 121's and class 26's due out in the run up to christmas...

The western was due for christmas but will it make it?

mk3 buffet cars and extra HST trailers in jan/feb

class 56 in may 12.

class 142 in september 12.

Mk3 TGS in the summer 2012.

Class 92, 38xx and pendolino are on the back burner according to Dapol.

is it me or are the 70's and 80's pickings being spread out a bit?

Mark

Stevie DC

I think that Dapol will be introducing a new 'budget' (Railroad) version of Tornado...  :smiley-laughing:

Honestly though some LNER tank locomotives wouldn't go amiss...

Sithlord75

Just wish they would go back to delievering on their promises and get the backlog out of the way - pretty much what we were saying about Farish 5 years ago while Dapol were putting the boot in. >:(
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Pengi

My hope is that the Pendolino is moving from the back burner to the top of their list. I don't understand why it has not been produced in N scale. Young people (sadly I am no longer young by any means) love the Pendolino and it could attract a whole new set of N scale users.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scruff

Very good point about the youngsters Pendy. There is more chance of them being able to run a full or at least more realistic looking pendolino in N rather than OO bearing in mind modern houses are smaller these days.
I don't know what it is about the pendolino that makes it so popular but it seems like one of those iconic trains, will it last if Virgin lose the west coast contract?
I think the reason Dapol have put their Pendolino on the back burner is the amount of different mouldings it would take to model it. I think it is about eight different bodies in the set, which makes it an expensive proposition to produce commercially.

Mark

Pengi

If they don't bring out a Pendolino, then a Southern Electrostar would be nice (with or without the person that train surfed on one at Durrington recently!)

I am sure that the Pendolino would sell in volumes and justify the cost of the mouldings - particularly if they brought it out in a train set. I think it is popular because it is so easily recognisable and the front looks beautiful. I have written to most of the manufacturers about producing one. Farish have said Dapol are producing it. Dapol have said they don't know when it is being produced - no reply from Kato yet. Maybe I should write to Richard Branson?

elmo

NO NO NO DAPOL - no more of this - just give me more Great Western :D :D :D

Elmo

scruff

Agreed elmo, a  :Dapol: large logo class 50 would be brilliant!  :smiley-laughing: ;D

Mark

Pengi

Or a Southeastern Javelin. For a heritage train, a Brighton Belle would be good

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £95.23
Below Goal: £4.77
Site Currency: GBP
95% 
April Donations