Everyone weathered the storms?

Started by jonclox, December 24, 2013, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Got away lightly this time, just one downpipe detached from gutter - I think the wind lifted the gutter off it. Need someone with a long ladder now - at Christmas!
Also, my Spaniel's ears are slowly returning from horizontal to vertical - she does not like the wind.

Plainline.

Thought I had got away with no damage. Did'nt know until this morning (large damp patch on ceiling) that water had got in loft somewhere! Can't see any damage outside, so it's up the loft tomorrow!

CarriageShed

Quote from: Plainline. on December 25, 2013, 05:12:17 PM
Thought I had got away with no damage. Did'nt know until this morning (large damp patch on ceiling) that water had got in loft somewhere! Can't see any damage outside, so it's up the loft tomorrow!

I can sympathise. Found the same thing this morning after last night's rain. Spent some time in the loft plugging the gaps in a very makeshift fashion. Hopefully it'll be enough to survive Friday's storm.

kaiwhara

:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

GrahamB

We lost our power for 15 hours but the fridge and freezer were OK.
Lost one fence panel and I'll be ripping another one out in the new year as it's on it's way. The good news is that I have concrete panels so it's just a case of smashing out the old ones (Kindling for the log burner once dry) and sliding in the replacements.
I spent Christmas Eve on the K&ESR where we were trying to run the Santa Specials. Flooding, power cuts, trees down and losing the block made for a very "interesting" day and we ran VERY late. While some people got angry, most were appreciative of the fact that we even tried. I lost my voice answering questions. It always surprises me how many people don't know that we are volunteers.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Alex

We've been a bit luckier than others up here in Fife. Some heavy winds and rain but everything is ok. All sheds are still intact, although I was a bit worried about the solar panels but they came through ok.

Alex  :wave:

Kipper

Spoke to friends in Guildford today - not a good Christmas as flooded, after losing power (which they thought was bad enough). They decided to cancel the whole thing (not much choice), and will have their Christmas later in the year, when dried out and re-furnished.

jonclox

:veryangry: I believe round two is heading our way for tonight and tomorrow morning
Take care everyone and be safe
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

port perran

Round two has arrived here !!
Very windy and pretty wet for the last hour or so.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

CarriageShed

Quote from: port perran on December 26, 2013, 08:48:07 PM
Round two has arrived here !!
Very windy and pretty wet for the last hour or so.

Hold onto your hat. It's supposed to reach here in the early hours of the morning, while we're caught off guard.

ParkeNd

Been pouring with rain here for about three hours and it's forecast to rain for another 12 hours. Can here the wind blowing hard even through the double glazing which means it is very loud outside - I imagine.

Our town has three rivers and the other end of town (where they are building new houses does flood - old street names like Watery Lane are a dead giveaway but new purchasers in the summer don't seem to spot them.

We are up a hill about 100 metres above sea level where the "local" people have there houses. We have only been here 27 years so we are "incomers" but we don't get our feet wet at times like this.

EtchedPixels

Getting quite windy but so far the really bad stuff seems to be North of us 109mph gusts in north wales 114 in Scotland.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Geoff

Had a bashing with the winds all night and the same this morning very windy.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Yup - here in Leyland it is extremely windy with many unusual noises causing constant excursions outside to check fence panels etc. So far all is OK although one or two of the neighbours have suffered panel damage. It's meant to die down a bit this afternoon.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on December 27, 2013, 08:15:05 AM
Yup - here in Leyland it is extremely windy with many unusual noises

Are you sure its not the effects of the left over Turkey ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations