The small steam locos I have are:

Dapol Terrier
Farish Austerity
N brass locos Peckett saddle tank on Fleischmann Chassis
Judith Edge 16'' Hunslet
Peco/Wills Manning Wardle on Farish chassis
Avonside 1101 on Fleischmann Chassis
Peco/wills b4 side tank

There's a few more about too - if you're not afraid of butchering some metal etc

Paul A.

Paul B

Quote from: Bad Raven on February 17, 2013, 02:46:07 PM
Its good to know the Terrier fits that body though, so well done to mention it!!   :thumbsup:

Yes, it is nice to know that they fit together as I have two Holden tanks which are terrible runners and sound like the wheels are running on the ballast on the club's layout! (Which they probably are!)
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Jerry Howlett

Moogle,

You can be forgiven SLIGHTLY as the Fenchurch Street -Shoeburyness (LT&S) was taken over by the LMS before coming back to the GE under British Railways. But then you were from "South of the River"..... :laugh: :laugh:

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

EtchedPixels

I've built an LNER ex GER F4 2-4-2 tank using a 14xx chassis and an extra pair of wheels.

There were a whole range of kits for the little mintirix T3/dock tank chassis including a 1366 pannier, Caledonian loco, GCR/LNER tank locos and so on. Also a range of Peco bodies for the early 0-4-0 Arnold chassis including an Avonside, Peckett and an LSWR B4.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

BernardTPM

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on February 17, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
Moogle,

You can be forgiven SLIGHTLY as the Fenchurch Street -Shoeburyness (LT&S) was taken over by the LMS before coming back to the GE under British Railways. But then you were from "South of the River"..... :laugh: :laugh:
Actually it was taken over by the Midland in 1912, hence went to the LMS at Grouping and was even BR London Midland Region during 1948 until (logically) transferred to the Eastern in 1949.

BernardTPM

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 17, 2013, 04:04:26 PM
a range of Peco bodies for the early 0-4-0 Arnold chassis including an Avonside, Peckett and an LSWR B4.
Alan
The Avonside was in the CaveNdish (W&H Models) range. The three Peco kits were the LSWR B4 and the Peckett and Manning Wardle saddle tanks. Those all came out around the same time (about 1972/3 IIRC).

Bad Raven

Quote from: BernardTPM on February 17, 2013, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 17, 2013, 04:04:26 PM
a range of Peco bodies for the early 0-4-0 Arnold chassis including an Avonside, Peckett and an LSWR B4.
Alan
The Avonside was in the CaveNdish (W&H Models) range. The three Peco kits were the LSWR B4 and the Peckett and Manning Wardle saddle tanks. Those all came out around the same time (about 1972/3 IIRC).

I have the Manning Wardle on a working chassis and a B4 just kept as a body but a quick swap............but guess which one I really want......................   :hmmm:       ::)
Dave

1whitemoor

The main issue with the peco/wills kits is that they are over-wide, and look silly next to a relatively scale j94 for example.

I am yet to see a convincing job of the Peckett or b4...

The Manning Wardle isn't so much of an issue, here's mine (unfinished) on an 04 chassis with a compressed cab, new roof etc

Paul A.

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Karhedron

The Farish 3MT is very nice although it is probably more closely related to the GWR small prairie than anything LMS-related. There is the Dapol Ivatt 2MT of course, not sure if you really count it as "small" when it has the same number of wheels as a King or Lord Nelson.  :laugh:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Bad Raven

Quote from: longbridge on February 17, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
I thought long and hard about getting into Minitrains that run on N gauge track, I think they are kinda cute

Any larger scale narrow gauge using "N" track, while nice/"cute" as you rightly say, isn't really relative to the thrust of this thread, after all, there's not usually much of a challenge getting any mechanism into their larger bodies. 
Dave

H

This N gauge loco is quite small;

H.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Karhedron on February 17, 2013, 10:49:43 PM
The Farish 3MT is very nice although it is probably more closely related to the GWR small prairie than anything LMS-related. There is the Dapol Ivatt 2MT of course, not sure if you really count it as "small" when it has the same number of wheels as a King or Lord Nelson.  :laugh:

Yes, I rate "small" stopping below even the Ivatt 2-6-2T size wise.   ;)

However, while discussing this far up the size range, I'm still working out how I can produce a Fowler 2-6-2T, I have a spare Ivatt 2-6-2T chassis!!
Dave

Bad Raven

Quote from: H on February 18, 2013, 08:09:13 AM
This N gauge loco is quite small;

Now you are just teasing...............    :P

Peco Peckett, the one I DON'T have??!!
Dave

EtchedPixels

This photo shows how wide it is however and also that it's not that small compared with the terrier

The terrier chassis is actually itself an interesting basis for a lot of small tank locos.

Will J over on rmweb produced this little beauty

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/351/entry-10030-gwr-toplight-carriages-and-saddle-tank-close-up-pics/

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations