Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

In my defence, yer Honour, I wasn't sure whether to put it in DC wiring or DCC
I blame the heat (Gad, but it's damned hot, Carruthers :sweat:)

Bealman

Now I'm back in Oz I'm bloody freezing! Though it was quite warm in the sun later on.... but I was making up for the sleep I didn't get on the plane by then.  :sleep:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Papyrus

We've had our solar panels for a year now so I've been doing some calculations on the results. We have saved £1100 on our power bills over the year, a third of which came from the electricity we sold back to the grid. In addition, we had amassed £400 in credit on our account, so I contacted our provider (Octopus) and they refunded me £200 and reduced our direct debit.

:bounce: :claphappy: :bounce: :claphappy: :bounce:

Cheers,

Chris

Browning 9mm

cheeky I know,
but how many years to cover the cost of the installation ?

Browning 9mm

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 17, 2023, 01:10:44 PM
In my defence, yer Honour, I wasn't sure whether to put it in DC wiring or DCC
I blame the heat (Gad, but it's damned hot, Carruthers :sweat:)

it ain't 'arf hot mum

Papyrus

Quote from: Browning 9mm on June 23, 2023, 02:13:13 PM
cheeky I know,
but how many years to cover the cost of the installation ?

At the present rate, 5 years. We were originally told about 8 years, but energy prices have shot up since then.

Cheers,

Chris

Browning 9mm

Newportnobby

My supplier of dual fuel has just reduced my DD by £30 per month :claphappy:
However, they have a habit of getting things wrong so, luckily, I can alter my DD to whatever I think is best :)

JBQFC

my contestant trips to the hospital trying find what i thought was a colitis flare up should have come to an end
after both a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy no sign of colitis but they have found mild Gastritis in my stomach
this easy to treat but i will have to lay of some of my favourite foods for a while

I must give a big Thanks to the NHS again for been great with me

John

dannyboy

Nice news to get John  :thumbsup:

Quote from: JBQFC on July 10, 2023, 08:24:03 PM
but i will have to lay of some of my favourite foods for a while

In view of the above, it might be wise to leave the Phaal curries alone!  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

grumbeast

So i don't normally post stuff thats personal.. but I am beside myself with joy and pride right now.  My little girl (not so little 5'8 and 16yrs old!) after dancing since she was three, and after an incredibly challenging couple of years, has just been told that she's been accepted to Canada's National Ballet School!!!

I know this might not mean much to many of you, but its huge, its the Canadian equivalent of getting into the Royal Academy of Dance, or the Paris Opera.  She has worked so incredibly hard all her life with this goal, she's even kept her Academic average across all subjects above 90%

So in September my little girl will be a four hour flight away (which I hate.. but hey its her dream!) and I could not be prouder

G.

Bealman

Nothing wrong with posting that, mate. You must be very proud. Great to see all the hard work has paid off.  :thumbsup:

Now the real hard work begins!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

@grumbeast and you are so right to be proud of her as any dad would be.

port perran

You are rightly justified to be proud. Well done her.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Quote from: grumbeast on July 26, 2023, 06:30:40 AMSo i don't normally post stuff thats personal.. but I am beside myself with joy and pride right now.  My little girl (not so little 5'8 and 16yrs old!) after dancing since she was three, and after an incredibly challenging couple of years, has just been told that she's been accepted to Canada's National Ballet School!!!

I know this might not mean much to many of you, but its huge, its the Canadian equivalent of getting into the Royal Academy of Dance, or the Paris Opera.  She has worked so incredibly hard all her life with this goal, she's even kept her Academic average across all subjects above 90%

So in September my little girl will be a four hour flight away (which I hate.. but hey its her dream!) and I could not be prouder

G.

Wahey!!! :claphappy:
Great stuff, and well done her

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations