Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on July 30, 2021, 06:10:30 AM
Where'd you find it?

Lodged quite safely under a bit of under-construction scenery, which I'd removed to vacuum off bits of detritus.

Quote from: Bealman on July 30, 2021, 06:10:30 AM
I've given up on the buffer on that NGS kit I built a couple of weeks ago.

I'll keep a look out for it, you never know where it might turn up.

Bealman

Good one!  :thumbsup:

Wish I could say the same about the buffer. I've vacuumed the area three time since!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Waiting the obligatory post-jab 15 minutes in the hospital waiting rom  :thumbsup:

Bealman

railsquid

Not that it took much effort on my part, and Mrs Railsquid's previous experience with a sore arm is providing a good excuse to generally laze around this afternoon  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Sorry, no excuse. The sore arm doesn't kick in properly until tomorrow.  :P

I've had one eye on the Olympics this arvo, but have also fixed up the goods shed at Castle Eden on my layout. (Yes, that counts as restoration)

Alcazar

Went to my first FC Basel match since last October under GGG (geimpft, getestet, genesen)/VTR (vaccinated, tested, recovered) rules. The team obliged by winning 6-1. A great feeling, enhanced by a drink afterwards in the Pickwick Pub to celebrate Swiss National Day/Yorkshire Day with another Tyke.

Peter

dannyboy

I mentioned three weeks ago about being entitled to a free TV licence and an electricity allowance due to being 70. (Replies #5268 & #5273). I have just checked my bank account and it is showing a credit of €113.85 this coming Tuesday from the Government. The electricity allowance has obviously been back dated to when I hit 70.  ;D. As it happened, that has paid for another 'Burlington Northern' locomotive that I just happened to see on ebay earlier today - I did not actually want to buy it, but the running number follows on from the previous two I already have, so I thought, "that will be nice having three loco's with sequential numbers" ....... well, that is my excuse.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on August 01, 2021, 09:40:46 PM
As it happened, that has paid for another 'Burlington Northern' locomotive that I just happened to see on ebay earlier today - I did not actually want to buy it, but the running number follows on from the previous two I already have, so I thought, "that will be nice having three loco's with sequential numbers" ....... well, that is my excuse.  ;)

And a very feeble excuse, too, if you don't mind me saying :D

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 02, 2021, 11:00:48 AM
And a very feeble excuse, too, if you don't mind me saying :D

Not at all Mick, but in my defence, I have two SD60 Diesels with the running numbers 8300 and 8301 and this new purchase has the running number 8302, so I thought "why not, they will look good lined up next to each other?"  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on August 01, 2021, 06:59:44 AM
Sorry, no excuse. The sore arm doesn't kick in properly until tomorrow.  :P

The soreness abated over the night after the injection to something which would only be annoying if my working day involved raising my left arm above shoulder height, but the day after I had a constant low-level headache and felt generally woozy. All gone today.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Looks like you'll live, then  ;D

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on August 03, 2021, 05:03:52 AM
Looks like you'll live, then  ;D

It was touch-and-go for a while, but the thought of passing away without seeing the 56xx I ordered kept me going.  :thumbsup:

crewearpley40

A paracetamol kept me going and taking ones mind off the mad world plus the thought of new stock landing here in the uk

stevewalker

Our eldest son has just got his A-level results and his university place is now confirmed  :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations