Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

A short while ago, I 'accidentally' ordered some carriages from a site in America. An email confirmation of my order was received almost straight away and was timed at 1824. At 1827 a call was received on my mobile, but for some reason, I did not hear it. At 1829 I received a text asking me to ring my Banks Fraud Department. I duly rang and spoke to a gentleman and confirmed that I was responsible for the transaction. Three minutes for the transaction to be flagged and a telephone call made - that is what I call 'being on the ball'.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Quote from: dannyboy on November 05, 2020, 07:24:29 PM
A short while ago, I 'accidentally' ordered some carriages from a site in America. An email confirmation of my order was received almost straight away and was timed at 1824. At 1827 a call was received on my mobile, but for some reason, I did not hear it. At 1829 I received a text asking me to ring my Banks Fraud Department. I duly rang and spoke to a gentleman and confirmed that I was responsible for the transaction. Three minutes for the transaction to be flagged and a telephone call made - that is what I call 'being on the ball'.  :thumbsup:

Did they find the person or persons responsible for the "accident"?

Sadly my CC company is not on the ball at all, indeed I suspect they do not have a ball to be on, so I suffer from a never-ending stream of rolling stock ordered off the internet. Maybe one day modern science will be able to solve this mystery :hmmm:

guest311

well, it looks like RHTTs are like buses, you wait for ages then two come along together.

yesterday, walking across the fields back towards the railway bridge, and suddenly I looked up and saw an RHTT heading north on the embankment leading to the cutting and bridge.

didn't catch the lead engine, but saw the two flats and the rear loco, which, while as dirty as the cl66s the day before, was far too small for a 66.

so, baffles as to loco, but now happy to have seen two different RHTTs on two consecutive days, at long last.

guest311

just finished grooming HB over in the fields, all fur bagged and binned I hasten to add, and walking back across the fields towards the railway bridge, when a horn, definitely not one of our usual slugs, from south.

next thing an RHTT appeared through the trees on the embankment, not 66s, not the other unidentified locos, but an MPV set.

think I must have spotted all the different sets now, in the last week  :thumbsup:

jpendle

I've been waiting weeks for some deliveries from the UK, vinyls from Captain Electra, some Rev's reefers, and a loco.

Checking the tracking on the Reefers they arrived in Denver two weeks ago and still hadn't made it to my house on Monday (a good 75 miles away!)

Anyhow, yesterday all 3 deliveries arrived at the same time  :claphappy:

I never thought I'd be directly impacted by postal voting in the US Election.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

daffy

"Rev's reefers" !  :o

Are the clergy involved in drug trafficking now? :D

Glad everything made it over the pond okay. The postal system was just biden it's time until after the election.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

themadhippy

QuoteAre the clergy involved in drug trafficking now
holy weed
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

Just had my motor insurance through and it's gone up since last year. Why am I happy?
'Cos it's less than £2 more. I can cope with that :)

Delboy

Home insurance coming up for renewal. We always use trusted companies that get good reviews. Current provider quoted us almost £200. Went onto a well known comparison site and got "like for like" cover for £112 and with a £20 gift voucher to boot. It certainly still pays to shop around.  :claphappy: :claphappy:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 13, 2020, 03:25:53 PM
Just had my motor insurance through and it's gone up since last year. Why am I happy?

Check the small print carefully Mick. It might just say something in the exclusions section that might account for such a small increase, such as "cover not valid when policy holder is driving".
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on November 13, 2020, 04:42:28 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on November 13, 2020, 03:25:53 PM

Check the small print carefully Mick. It might just say something in the exclusions section that might account for such a small increase, such as "cover not valid when policy holder is driving".

Been through it all very carefully, Mike, to check all is as last year and there are no such exclusions. The only thing I'd say is they have the Satnav system as being manufacturer non standard, when in actual fact it was a choice from the Ford brochure and they fitted it before delivering the car to Evans Halshaw. I'll be calling them next week to correct them

Malc

Did you notice the clause that signs you up to 12 years in the French Foreign Legion?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

stevewalker

A number have been known to remove "driving other vehicles" without bothering to tall people that they've done it  :goggleeyes:

Why is is that when typing "vehicles" or "sequence" I always have finger trouble and end up having to edit what I have written, as I have all the right letters, but not necessarily in the right order  :doh:

themadhippy

QuoteA number have been known to remove "driving other vehicles" without bothering to tall people

Theirs a legal height  limit to driving now? surely that's heightist
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Snowwolflair

In some German policies there is a distraction clause, where the driver has allowed a situation that prevents them from fully concentrating.

The German humourists regard this and the "mother in law" or "back seat driver" clause.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations