Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Result!!!!!!! Just had an SSE engineer fit a check meter due to SSE not reading my meter and my lack of some mobility prevents me from sending readings  they have me on a register that calls for readings by them every 3 months instead of the usual 6 months but with Covid - no meter readers! (the meters are not in our flats but in "plant rooms" on the end of the building). He gave me a current reading that is 1213KWH lower than SSE accounts guesstimated for August 6th

I had to get Citizens advice twist their arm to get this far. I didn't see why my direct debit was over twice the average for other residents, average between £40 and £50, my DD £97, methinks they owe me a quid or two!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

As you say Mike - a result  :thumbsup:. I don't know about UK prices per KWH, but here in Ireland, 1213 KWH equals about €215, (£190?) - nice!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

I know there are a lot of ex-servicemen on this forum so I thought it would be OK to let you know that my son (20 years old) signed up for officer training in the French army today

After 2 years training he will join an artillery regiment.

RailGooner

A proud day for you Joe.

The Q

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 09, 2020, 02:23:18 PM
Result!!!!!!! Just had an SSE engineer fit a check meter due to SSE not reading my meter and my lack of some mobility prevents me from sending readings  they have me on a register that calls for readings by them every 3 months instead of the usual 6 months but with Covid - no meter readers! (the meters are not in our flats but in "plant rooms" on the end of the building). He gave me a current reading that is 1213KWH lower than SSE accounts guesstimated for August 6th

I had to get Citizens advice twist their arm to get this far. I didn't see why my direct debit was over twice the average for other residents, average between £40 and £50, my DD £97, methinks they owe me a quid or two!
At just over 24 pence a KW I'd estimate just under £300

themadhippy

QuoteAt just over 24 pence a KW
if yer paying 24p a unit id get your rebate and switch suppliers to save  another  £100 on a usage of 1213KW/H.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Dorsetmike

I'm on Economy 10 tariff, so off peak rate is 12.54 and standard is 18.56; Eco10 is 5 hours overnight, 3 hours afternoon and 2 hours evening, so things like cooker, washing machine and immersion heater mostly only go on during those hours night storage heaters can only run during those hours but for me the advantage of Eco10 over Eco7 is that on 7 heaters are only on overnight and the "storage" usually maintains the heat until about 5PM so you either go to bed at 5 PM or use conventional heaters at standard rate, with 10 I get an afternoon and evening top up at Eco rate, the Eco 10 off peak rate is slightly higher than the Eco7, but the advantage of the afternoon and evening periods  at cheap outweigh other considerations for me.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

I had an e mail from BT this morning to say the cost of my BT Sports rises by £4 a month from £10 to £14 as from 1.11.20 but I'm on a special contract at £6.00 per month until Dec 2020 so that's an £8 increase.
Phoned them up and explained I only use them watch MotoGp and nothing else so they could put it where the sun doesn't shine. Nice man looked at my contract and it's now re-negotiated for another 2 years at £10 per month but other costs have been reduced so I'll pay less than I am now for line rental, broadband and BT Sports and get a new, more powerful router as well.
Happy bunny :)

dannyboy

I am a great believer in polite complaining - especially when it comes to price increases! Nice result Mick.   :thumbsup:
David.

Papyrus

Calling all sloe gin makers!

It's a bumper year for sloes, and they are ready to pick now, at least down this end of the country. We've been out picking the last week or so and I estimate we have over 20kg sitting in various freezers! Why so many? Well, the dearly beloved hasn't forgotten the year when there were virtually none, so we didn't make any sloe gin and consequently nearly ran out over the next year. If all goes to plan, I reckon we should make 30-40 bottles, which will give us a nice little reserve.

Cheers,  :beers: :bounce:

Chris

port perran

Quote from: Papyrus on September 15, 2020, 03:01:06 PM
Calling all sloe gin makers!

It's a bumper year for sloes, and they are ready to pick now, at least down this end of the country. We've been out picking the last week or so and I estimate we have over 20kg sitting in various freezers! Why so many? Well, the dearly beloved hasn't forgotten the year when there were virtually none, so we didn't make any sloe gin and consequently nearly ran out over the next year. If all goes to plan, I reckon we should make 30-40 bottles, which will give us a nice little reserve.

Cheers,  :beers: :bounce:

Chris
We generally make a few bottles and there are plenty of sloes down the lane just up a bit from us.
And.......there are two secret damson trees that no one else seems to know about (shhhh). So....we'll be along to pick a few of those at the end of the week.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

The Q

Certainly not ready to pick in my garden, still green, but then we face the North Sea..

themadhippy

sloes also make a very nice wine,bit more work than the gin but well worth the effort.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

On 31st August I ordered two Metcalfe kits from Model World Ltd via eBay. As they had not arrived by yesterday, I notified them via eBay that the kits had not arrived, but, because of the way eBay works, (showing two items on one order), I just noted the one item as not arriving, adding that two items had been ordered. This afternoon, I was notified by PayPal that the one item had been refunded. So, I sent off another 'not received' message, again stating that the two items had been ordered together. Within a matter of minutes, PayPal informed me that the refund for the second item had been received, so well done to Model World Ltd.  :thumbsup:
David.

Newportnobby

Having recently upgraded my BT package to Halo2 (not the high altitude low opening sort) and getting it (very) slightly cheaper than the previous package I thought I could fit the new router myself but struggled as one wire was missing and the WAN lead didn't fit. I arranged a Home Help visit this lunchtime (free). Chap named Simon rocked up, sorted everything out, made sure everything was working and that was that. Absolutely painless.
Well done, BT. Praise where it's due :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations