Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

I inherited an N gauge Model railway a week ago (and a bottle of Laphroaig)
See unhappy thread

paulprice

Whoppe

I'm just waiting for the mail person to deliver my latest bargain from Evil bay, a rake of 6 older farish suburban's,

Just need to hide them from the DO

broadsword

Quote from: paulprice on April 11, 2017, 10:20:56 AM
Whoppe

I'm just waiting for the mail person to deliver my latest bargain from Evil bay, a rake of 6 older farish suburban's,

Just say you got them in a charity shop for a couple of quid.

paulprice

The Domestic Overlord would not fall for that one..... :'(

Still the abuse will be worth 6 more coaches joining the stock (I might even convert a few into more clerestories)

paulprice

Quote from: escafeld on April 11, 2017, 01:19:59 PM
Quote from: paulprice on April 11, 2017, 10:20:56 AM
Whoppe

Why would you need to hide them from the Delivery Office, makes it hard for the postie

DO = Domestic Overlord

daffy

After 6 days in the wilderness, wihout succour, lost with no sign or sight of salvation, and at dire risk of never again being able to seek comfort in the company of Man, I have finally and most wonderfully been rescued from the brink of the abyss.

Yes, my internet connection has been restored by the nice man from OpenReach. :thumbsup:

And it's better than ever! :bounce:

(Still pretty rubbish download speeds, but I'm just thankful for small mercies. :) )
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Good to have you back in the bosom of the forum, Mike :)

PeteW

Welcome back, Mike.

And when did NewportNobby get a new blue paint job? Did I miss the announcement? In any case, congratulations on your elevation to the High and Mighty  :thumbsup:

Jimbo

Welcome back Daffers!!  :claphappy:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

daffy

Thanks, it's only when you lose internet and telephone access that you appreciate just how much you rely on it. Living out in the wilds beneath the Wolds, with absolutely shocking mobile phone coverage, you can get easily isolated when systems fail like this. Thank heavens I'm not house bound.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jimbo

I thought they still had gas powered tellys up there!?  :tv:
'Keep it country!'

daffy

Quote from: Jimbo on April 12, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
I thought they still had gas powered tellys up there!?  :tv:

No, just steam, same as the cars and potato mashers. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daveg

I know how it feels to be cut off from 'civilised society' (AKA NGF) so welcome back.  :wave:

BT/OpenWr... took best part of 3 weeks to sort our 'problem' out a while back. It was blamed on bad sub-contract work at our tiny exchange 2 miles away and India telling us we had a fault on our line and it would cost £79 odd if they found it was our fault.

Out here our download speeds are so slow and as for mobile, an Aldis lamp can be more reliable!

Despite that, wouldn't move for anything. Anyway, the layout's too big to shift.  :D

Dave G

Jimbo

I don't 'do' football I'm afraid but congratulations anyway! (My Mothers' side of the family all originate from Sheffield  :D)
'Keep it country!'

daffy

Nice to know I'm not alone Jimbo.  :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP