Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

done my first bit of modeling since june starting to feel better hope to get good news off the doctor tomorrow  :bounce:

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

JBQFC

Quote from: JBQFC on October 23, 2016, 07:31:52 PM
done my first bit of modeling since june starting to feel better hope to get good news off the doctor tomorrow  :bounce:

Doctor said that as my colitis has cleared up a lot i can come off the steroids  :claphappy: this will take two months as i have been on them so long i have to reduce them slowly
my other med i will have to stay on to keep the colitis at bay hopefully   
will be pleased to be off the steroids at they stop me from sleeping and i am tired and hyper at the same ?  :bounce:

Christina

Happy that I've made space in the loft to finally build something permanent, and I can get back to developing the 502 :)

daffy

I awoke this morning, looked out my kitchen window and smiled as a female Blackbird stood stock still in the rain and chirped quietly as she looked at me.

I have been hand-feeding this lovely creature, who I have christened Mrs Bird, for almost two years now but she has been AWOL for the last two weeks and I feared one of the many cats around here had taken its toll.

As I opened the door to the garden she hopped across the lawn and danced and chirped for me to feed her the mealworms I held in my hand.

No matter what happens in this crazy world we live in, it is moments like this that remind me of the beauty that we all too often take for granted, and lifts my heart. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Here's Mrs Bird as she was kept busy feeding mealworms to her brood on my patio.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Yep, uber cool prize!  :thumbsup: Nice story about the blackbird, too Dafffy.  :thumbsup:

Unlike these critters here that we have to discourage.....

They've got claws like eagle's talons and when they sit on your wooden balcony railing, not only do their claws do damage, but they actively start chewing the railing! One morning I woke to find 5 of the feathered fiends sitting there - and they're in no hurry to go when you shush 'em away, either!

However, it's the happy thread.... and they are pretty cool birds, just destructive.

If you look in the background, you can see another of our garden occupants. They're cool too, and not destructive!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

The Squidlet, ca. 21 months old: today he dashed towards the kitchen when food was announced, kicked over his beloved toy fire engine, paused briefly to carefully put it back on its wheels, and continued his merry way. This and many other similar incidents have convinced me that for his 3rd birthday he will be the happy recipient of a small N gauge layout (with reasonably robust low-cost stock, but that's three-a-yen here in Japan).

daffy

Quote from: railsquid on November 10, 2016, 03:26:41 PM
The Squidlet, ca. 21 months old: today he dashed towards the kitchen when food was announced, kicked over his beloved toy fire engine, paused briefly to carefully put it back on its wheels, and continued his merry way. This and many other similar incidents have convinced me that for his 3rd birthday he will be the happy recipient of a small N gauge layout (with reasonably robust low-cost stock, but that's three-a-yen here in Japan).

Excuses, excuses. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

Quote from: daffy on November 10, 2016, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: railsquid on November 10, 2016, 03:26:41 PM

Excuses, excuses. :D

It's a good one... the freaky little blighter can already differentiate between a couple of dozen types of train (socially acceptable behaviour in Japan fortunately ;) ) and I'm happy to let him have a go on my layout, as long as the loco/unit running is one which won't fly off the track when the power is turned up to 11.

daffy

Sound rather like you have him very well 'trained' already, RS ;)

He is one lucky boy to have all the joy of railways ahead of him. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations