Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Casting about for more puns but coming up with an empty line.

Anyway yet another suspicious package arrives at Chez Squid when no-one else is at home  :beers:

mr bachmann

silence is golden  :D , sort of - re-packed the silencer on the Villiers 250 single , now I can here the radio again (and all the rattles  :doh:)

ryan2390

Happy because I finally feel like I might actually get this layout underway. Posted in the planning forum while outside sat in the sun. Currently indoors debating making a coffee while watching the dogs all twitch in their sleep
My BR Blue to modern day layout planning thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=32155.0

N-Gauge-US

After a solid week of packing, crying, cleaning, pulling out my hair, driving, screaming into the night, and otherwise generally going through the misery of moving, I am now safely returned home with all of my possessions from my old apartment (albeit in head high boxes all around the house....). Now I can start the dreaded unpacking process and hopefully get enough done to stop and enjoy some of the MANY projects building up in my train room, not least of which is laying 'new' track and finally pulling up the EZ track that has been driving me batty! I may even get enough done to be able to sit down and catch up on my correspondence (very sorry if you've messaged me this week and I haven't responded. I will make a concerted effort to answer all received correspondence today and tomorrow). Very ready for things to normalize a bit so I can jump back into the train room and the forum :)

Hope everyone had a good week and I look forward to reading about everyone's progress, when I get the chance! (I have 23 unread topic notification emails, just begging to be read!).

Cheers
Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Oldman

Finally had an hour when I was able to do some modelling,managed to paint one of my projects that has been in primer for over a month.
Paid the price as the back is hurting like"unmentionable  words to be inserted"
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on March 06, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Hope everyone had a good week and I look forward to reading about everyone's progress, when I get the chance! (I have 23 unread topic notification emails, just begging to be read!).

Cheers
Philip

I hope the move went better than expected, Philip, and that you are not too traumatised by the thought of unpacking everything. Look forward to hearing things are back to 'normal' as soon as possible :thumbsup:

Quote from: Oldman on March 06, 2016, 05:19:24 PM
Finally had an hour when I was able to do some modelling,managed to paint one of my projects that has been in primer for over a month.
Paid the price as the back is hurting like"unmentionable  words to be inserted"

Thank you for not venting your best Anglo-Saxon and I hope the back pain diminishes quickly.

Oldman

For the first time in 3 years our heating is working properly - the housing association serviced it today and found the several faults that the people who had the service contact before had ignored.
1- the water pressure was too low.
2- the RF thermostat was not working

New parts on order and they will be fitted as soon as possible.
The engineer managed to overcome the problems until the new parts arrive.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

railsquid

No split gears found?

Anyway, my thanks go out to Baby Squid aged 13 3/4 months, who as of the last week has been almost throwing himself out of my arms into his cot. Probably a case of "please Daddy don't sing to me any more, I'll be a good boy and go to sleep", but it has enabled me to spend quality time with my soldering iron.

paulprice

Quote from: railsquid on March 10, 2016, 04:07:09 PM
No split gears found?

Anyway, my thanks go out to Baby Squid aged 13 3/4 months, who as of the last week has been almost throwing himself out of my arms into his cot. Probably a case of "please Daddy don't sing to me any more, I'll be a good boy and go to sleep", but it has enabled me to spend quality time with my soldering iron.
I love my soldering iron

railsquid

Quote from: paulprice on March 10, 2016, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: railsquid on March 10, 2016, 04:07:09 PM
No split gears found?

I love my soldering iron
You don't want to see what I do with mine, although heat-shrink tubing hides a multitude of sins. But I think my wife is starting to wonder why I need to use the hair dryer so much...

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

scotsoft

Two years ago after having my annual heart checkup, I was told that one of the blood tests showed I was now type 2 diabetic. This was really bad news to someone who has a very sweet tooth. My GP ruled out me doing any exercise due to my rampant arthritis and advised me to cut back on my sugar intake.

Last year when my results came back, I was told I was no longer type 2 diabetic and had slipped back down the scale to being at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

I have just this week had this year's results and I am very happy to say I have slipped even further down that scale to not being at risk and can now have the occasional sweet treat.

All I did was cut out using sugar, using sweeteners instead and keeping an eye on the sugar content in packaged foods. I can assure you the treats will be enjoyed and I have enough willpower to keep them in the occasional bracket.

Cheers John.

joe cassidy

Enjoy your Easter Egg(s) John  :)

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

That's great news, John. Well done on getting the levels down such that you are allowed the occasional treat :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Good on you John - in nice time for Easter  :thumbsup:. (But only the one  ;)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations