Quote from: joe cassidy on December 05, 2015, 06:52:11 PM
P.S. hope use of apostrophes is OK ?
Lemme see ...
Quotewon't
Quoteshe's
Quotewho's
Yup, you pass  :thumbsup:

GeeBee

Yup it must be the season for it my wife's away until Friday with daughter on a jaunt to the Christmas market in Chester, I can feel a running session coming on
:claphappy:  :claphappy:

MikeDunn

Quote from: GeeBee on December 08, 2015, 03:04:40 PM
my wife's away until Friday with daughter on a jaunt to the Christmas market in Chester, I can feel a running session coming on
Hmmm, today is Tuesday & you say she's there until Friday at the Market ?  You sure it's not bankruptcy you feel coming on  :P

Bob Tidbury

My 17 year old car has just passed its MOT with only a couple of advisory notes
Which we will get done in the new year .
Thank God for that we were a bit worried it would fail as its so old .
Bob

Tdm

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on December 08, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
My 17 year old car has just passed its MOT with only a couple of advisory notes
Which we will get done in the new year .
Thank God for that we were a bit worried it would fail as its so old .
Bob

Your car is just a youngster Bob, mine is 38 years old and will probably still be going strong when I have gone to the great car park in the sky (or is it somewhere else?). Over here it doesn't need another MOT (ITV) till it is 40 years old in 2017, and I have to take another test then too to renew my license.

GeeBee

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 08, 2015, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: GeeBee on December 08, 2015, 03:04:40 PM
my wife's away until Friday with daughter on a jaunt to the Christmas market in Chester, I can feel a running session coming on
Hmmm, today is Tuesday & you say she's there until Friday at the Market ?  You sure it's not bankruptcy you feel coming on  :P

Nope, it's her money she'll be spending
I spend mine on the railways
:bounce:  :bounce:

Outtenbach

This is what makes me happy, i always smile when I see her, and even more so when behind the wheel...........Yes she is a girl car and she is called Ermintrude.............

Off the road at the moment, far too cold/wet to let a 40 year old French lady out....But in summer "WoooooooooHooooooo!........

Tony
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.....

Tdm

Does she still lean over at an angle of 90 degrees when going round a corner!?  :D

Remember seeing lots of those on French roads when I drove through France to Spain in the 60s in an Austin A40.

Outtenbach

Only after I have lubricated the suspension.... :goggleeyes:

Tony
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.....

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Tdm on December 09, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
Remember seeing lots of those on French roads when I drove through France to Spain in the 60s in an Austin A40.
Snap !
We did that as well :)
She, who's A40 it was and who was later to become the first and current Mrs, had a father who worked at BAC Filton. This served well when the door sills of said A40 rotted away - they were replaced with stainless steel fabrications.
Forum chums of a certain vintage will remember the Bristol 188, a stainless steel supersonic research aircraft built and cancelled at Filton !

Later we took to including Portugal and Italy as well, but used 1100's and 1300's for that.
Happy days.

port perran

What a lovely little car.  Very sensible to keep her off the road in this weather. There are quite a few people on here with oldish vehicles so might be an idea to start a picture thread so that we can all have a look at each other's pride and joy.  No jokes please chaps !
We have a 1972 VW Camper but he's a boy .........Bertie.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

trkilliman

B.A.C. Filton, Bristol.  I am a Bristolian born and bred, but "emigrated" to Cornwall 8 years back. My late father in law worked at B.A.C. and used to tell some amusing stories. One was of the green card workers who could clock out and leave a few minutes earlier. He reckoned several of them could have competed for us in the Olympics they way they sprinted to the bus stops (this was a light hearted comment before anyone flames me)  Another was a corridor where every office door had a plaque identifying the  occupant  as having a doctorate...it was known as Harley St.

The one I particularly like was when a group of visitors being shown around and were in a section where chrome plating was carried out. The manager/guide instructed the operator to lift the items from the tank as the bell had just gone off to signify chrome plating was complete. Rather sheepishly the items were raised from the tank. Apparently a right old collection of items were in for chrome plating...but not one that originated from B.A.C !!!

railsquid

There I was remonstrating with myself about an impulse auction purchase where I noticed - too late - it was advertised as missing Important Detail Bits, rendering it much less of a bargain. Anyway while tidying up I took the case apart, and lo and behold there they are, all present and unused.  :beers:

jonclox

(Graphic details  withheld so save certain dignaties :-[)
Nice to be up and able to move more than 10metres away from the bathroom/loo for the 1st time since Friday morning.
Luvvvvvvvvvv mass produced  birthday cakes  >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on December 20, 2015, 09:29:46 AM
(Graphic details  withheld so save certain dignaties :-[)
Nice to be up and able to move more than 10metres away from the bathroom/loo for the 1st time since Friday morning.
Luvvvvvvvvvv mass produced  birthday cakes  >:(

Suggest you don't cough strongly for a couple of days, Jon ;) :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations