Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

The tear drop bond, not the bug?  My brother had the teardrop one in the 50s as you could drive it on a motorbike ticket. I seem to remember that to get reverse, you just kept turning the steering wheel.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Didn't the Bond Bug have polythene windows? I seem to recall my mate sticking his elbow through the window when he rolled his Bug :hmmm:

Malc

It had a fibreglass body and Perspex Windows, IIRC. With a 650 cc motorbike engine, again IIRC.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mokjumbo

No,it had a 700cc Reliant engine.

daveg

My mate at the youth club had an early Bond that he managed to put on its side by taking a sharp left turn a tad too quick.

How I laughed - I had an A35 which was a total luxury. It even had a heater! I still miss it.  :'(

Dave G

railsquid

Quote from: newportnobby on October 16, 2015, 08:38:36 AM
I know it's contrived but I still find this funny......................

You're implying there are parts of Top Gear which weren't contrived  :o  :goggleeyes:

Anyway never seen that one before, good Friday afternoon entertainment.

Ozymandias

Quote from: mr bachmann on October 15, 2015, 07:41:56 PM
just a humble under powered Bond , you know the one everyone assumes you lift the bonnet and kick start - but to the inexperianced kick starter they kick back  :D

happy to-day the family car sailed through the annual MOT   :)

Ah, proper micro! :) (I drive an old-style Mini - huge in comparison!) ;)

A friend's neighbour had a Bond bug when I was young - I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Sprintex

Quote from: daveg on October 16, 2015, 08:44:05 AM
My mate at the youth club had an early Bond that he managed to put on its side by taking a sharp left turn a tad too quick.

As a kid I saw someone do something similar in a Reliant Regal (like Del boy's van only the car version). Tried to beat the lights, turned right, and went round the corner on two wheels and the front corner of the bodywork! As he straightened up it righted itself back on three wheels again, but it had worn a hole big enough in the fibreglass body to stick ya head through ;D

Drew quite a crowd of point-and-laughers :D

Paul

paulprice

Well my recent email bargain...... :D

which was not a bargain as it did not run......... :(

is not a bargain again, as I  have fixed it...... :D

Now what LMS livery to repaint it into...... :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

daveg

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on October 16, 2015, 08:57:59 AM
You're implying there are parts of Top Gear which weren't contrived
:laughabovepost:

There was a similar pic ( uncontrived) front page of the BAe house magazine some years ago of one such trying to navigate a sharp corner past the Brabazon Hangar (as it was still known, but when it housed the embryo Concord) at Filton

Skyline2uk

Said hangers were always known as Brabazon hangers when in use and are indeed being advertised for sale now with that title  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 16, 2015, 12:49:02 PM
the Brabazon Hangar (as it was still known, but when it housed the embryo Concord) at Filton
Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 16, 2015, 11:05:05 PM
Said hangers were always known as Brabazon hangers when in use and are indeed being advertised for sale now with that title  :thumbsup:
Ohh I wonder how much they want for it, a Kickstarter project perhaps  :D
What a waste of a perfectly good airfield (a future airport that will never be :( )

What I meant by "as it was still known" - as in - when I was there doing things to Concord002.
Except for a brief period when it was, officially??, called the Britannia Hanger (the Whispering Giant ), but that didnt catch on, everyone carried on calling it the Brab hanger ! There was a move to call it the Concord hanger when 002 was taking shape but that failed as well (too many old codgers with long memories and set in their ways  !)

Interesting that it still has that moniker today, thanks for that.   :admiration:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations