Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Hope the revised regime works well, Jon.

You remind me that I must book my flu jab.

Dave G

MikeDunn

Not a fan of the jab ... and getting letters from my doctors 'reminding' me doesn't help  :thumbsdown:  It's nowt but a wild guess at which strain it'll be this year ... you'll come down with what they inject you with & a month later down again with what's actually doing the rounds  :hmmm:  That & it's a money-spinner for the GPs  :thumbsdown:

Not for me ...  :no:

Newportnobby

I have to have an annual MOT this Thursday and then go and hear the results next week. I was also offered a flu jab (I'd hate to be jabbed by a flue :worried:) and declined it on the basis the last one I had left me bleeding down a decent shirt like a stuck pig :veryangry:
P.S. I blame Jon for putting this in the 'Happy Thread' :P

daveg

Flu jab seems to work for me although I do feel 'one degree under' for a couple of days afterwards.

I'll have a go at anything that may prevent or reduce the chances of chest infection. I really don't like them and have emergency anti-bios on hand in case something nasty slips the net.

Dave G

jonclox

Quote from: daveg on September 21, 2015, 04:43:44 PM
Flu jab seems to work for me although I do feel 'one degree under' for a couple of days afterwards.

I'll have a go at anything that may prevent or reduce the chances of chest infection. I really don't like them and have emergency anti-bios on hand in case something nasty slips the net.

Dave G
Ditto anti bios on standby, though Ive not need them since changing GP back in May
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

Quote from: jonclox on September 21, 2015, 04:48:45 PM
Ditto anti bios on standby, though Ive not need them since changing GP back in May
You were allergic to your previous GP  ???  :o

MalcolmInN

Quote from: daveg on September 21, 2015, 04:04:33 PM
You remind me that I must book my flu jab.
We dont have to book,
and the press-gangers of olden times could learn a tip or two from our lot ! :(

Had to larf last year,, what was it 9% strains or thereabouts protection ??

I dont usually react badly to it, except a few years back when I had regular flu in one arm and swine in the other :( can do without that ta'much.

port perran

Quote from: jonclox on September 18, 2015, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: port perran on September 18, 2015, 07:17:57 PM
We should make it 4500 very soon at this rate >  :claphappy:
:-[ :-[ I can remember joining way back at the beginning and being somewhere about member 30
I still don't know how you lot put up with me  :-X
Up to 4504 now  :claphappy:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

MikeDunn

Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 21, 2015, 05:07:02 PM
I dont usually react badly to it, except a few years back when I had regular flu in one arm and swine in the other :( can do without that ta'much.
Which bit of you got the bird  ???  :P

steve836

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 21, 2015, 07:05:49 PM

can't say .... It's a family forum
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

MalcolmInN

Quote from: steve836 on September 21, 2015, 07:20:37 PM
Quote from: MikeDunn on September 21, 2015, 07:05:49 PM

can't say .... It's a family forum
:laughabovepost: oink  :laughabovepost:

Skyline2uk

Wish everybody above well and may the flu stay well away  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

jonclox

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 21, 2015, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: jonclox on September 21, 2015, 04:48:45 PM
You were allergic to your previous GP  ???  :o
Ummmmmmmmmmm I guess  I might have been  :angel:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Michael Shillabeer

The start of this could have gone on the angry thread, but here is more appropriate...

Last Wednesday, my manager gave me my exit paperwork. Err, my contract says I finish on Friday 26th, no he says purchase order for me ends on Friday 18th. PO trumps contract so I'm off a week earlier than planned! Shame to leave because it was a fun project. Prince Charles visited a few weeks ago to unveil the part of the project I worked on - HRH gets a mention on my CV now...

I tried to bring my next contract forward a week, but that didn't happen.

So I've got an un-planned, un-budgeted week off! Which has turned out rather nice. My first week off since 2009!!

I've nearly assembled the legs for my layout (pictures will be on its thread when done).

My daughter took me out for my birthday to the http://www.weighbridgebrewhouse.co.uk/ which is one of the few buildings left from Swindon works. Lovely restored railway building, excellent food and she paid!

Used buses for the first time in years because my car was stuck in the garage when then couldn't get a part for it - got such a good deal on the work the mechanic who brought the bill up on the computer couldn't believe I'd been charged so little!

So happy and not sad!

Best regards
Michael

Newportnobby

Nice to get an unplanned, unbudgeted week off but I assume it wasn't paid holiday being, as you were, in between contracts. Still, if it's the first since 2009 it's been long overdue.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations