Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 25, 2015, 03:34:47 PM
Not unless someone hit it with a shrink ray  :P  This is certainly N.

Further Googling shows it must be the Pretendolino Book Set ...

Like this?:-

Paul

MikeDunn

Can't say about the first picture, as it was flat with other types of Book Sets on it, but the second one with the text is spot-on  :thumbsup:

So - if anyone wants one, Hereford Models have it  :-*  I suppose you could put two back-to-back  :P 

Don't ask me the price, it wasn't on the end ...

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: dannyboy on July 24, 2015, 09:41:12 AM
I explain the problem and the diagnostic machine shows an unidentifiable problem - so much for modern technology  :veryangry:.

Bring back the starting handle!  :)

OK, I know. Time to get the coat...... ::)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

paulprice

Apart from the strange world outside of our front door, the weekend has been brilliant, and the reason being the Domestic Overlord, thanks BOSS  :heart2:

Oldun

:hmmm: Do you have any old insurance policies around that you may have forgotten  :uneasy:

Three weeks ago a 'search company' contacted me re some 60 + year old policies in my name. Answered
their questions the best I could and forgot all about it.

Today I received three separate cheques for three policies I vaguely remembered to the total sum of
£1592.12p  :claphappy:

Now what shall I spend it on  :confused1:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

dannyboy

Quote from: Oldun on July 27, 2015, 06:53:42 PM

Now what shall I spend it on  :confused1:

Do you fancy going part shares in a new central heating boiler ?  :smiley-laughing: (I need a new one before the winter). David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Oldun

:hmmm: Do you have any old insurance policies around that you may have forgotten  :uneasy:

For those old enough to remember, these were the old weekly payment ones. The ones I had were with the Royal London
Insurance Company, one for a 1p a week & 2 for 6p a week (old money)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

daveg

Quote from: Oldun on July 27, 2015, 11:13:44 PM

For those old enough to remember, these were the old weekly payment ones. The ones I had were with the Royal London
Insurance Company, one for a 1p a week & 2 for 6p a week (old money)

Roger

Don't forget 'The Man from The Pru'!

My mum had penny policies for us kids.

Dave G

Bob Tidbury

Those were the days 1penny a week insurances the Co-op divi  ,Green Shield stamps, the Corona man once a week in the summer with 3pennies back on the bottle 6penny cornets from the ice cream man and scrounging a free ride on the Thames Vally bus to school in the winter ,we had to walk 5 miles to school in the summer up a very steep hill and through the fields all this when I was 5 years old . Happy days .
Bob

MikeDunn

You forgot jumpers for goalposts  :P

Bob Tidbury

We never had time for football after walking 5 miles home after school we were nackered ,and anyway the nearest kids to me me were 3 miles up the road we did play at the weekends though ,sometimes taking pots and pans  potatoes sausages  and beans  up to our camp in the woods and making a camp fire to cook breakfast we were very carefull we never ever caused a fire .
Can you imagine that in today's world ,it realy was safer in those days I wouldn't let kids do that now with all the perverts around.
Bob

Malc

But Bob, there were always perverts about, even in those days. Everyone knew who they were, we just used to avoid them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Wild

There certainly were perverts around in those days. Everyone knew about a certain Ice Cream shop owner, and just joked about it. But it didn't stop us going miles away on the beach to collect driftwood so that we could cook sausages on a fire. Yep, they don't do that nowadays.

Bob Tidbury

When I got my first car a Ford Anglia 105 my sister and two of my cousins used to load up the car with camping stove pots and pans and leave early in the morning with no plans of where to go we got an A4  sheet of paper write down instructions fold it over then the next person would write down the next instruction and so on to the bottom of the page we would then unfold it one bit at a time to see where we ended up .One morning we ended up on the beach in Hayling Island we unpacked the camp stove only to find we forgot the gas refill my cousin Terry said never mind find a really big tin ,we then filled the tin with sand poured petrol it was onlyin on top it was only 5 bob a gallon then and lit it it was very smoky but worked he called it a desert lily we were in the middle of cooking breakfast when a copper came and asked us what school we went to we said why he said they didn't teach you to read and pointed to a sign saying no fires ,he then asked us where we came from and then said he had to complete his round and if there wasn't a cup of coffee with two sugars when he came back we would be in deep trouble so he came back about ten minutes later had his coffee and had a chat and told us that he had our car number and if he found any trace of us latter he would be tracing us and we would be fined .offcourse we really tided up and we never heard a thing imagine that happening now. Again Happy Days
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations