Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Got another £25 win on the Ernie bonds - the fifth this year, and I only have a few bonds. Well happy (would be even happier with the £1million!

scotsoft

Quote from: Kipper on November 19, 2014, 08:54:05 PM
Got another £25 win on the Ernie bonds - the fifth this year, and I only have a few bonds. Well happy (would be even happier with the £1million!

Well done on your win  :thumbsup:

I hope you spend it wisely  :D

cheers John.

NinOz

It rained yesterday evening. :claphappy:
About 50mm in 2 hours.
First decent rain since march, had had a couple of showers but generally only a mm or less.

Wildlife and plants look healthier already.
Will be nice to have some green rather than the brown grass and bare earth about the house.

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Kipper

Was going to put it towards a Arnold Brighton Belle, but the website said none available.  :veryangry:

Just gone to their site tonight, and the train packs are back on sale, at £199 post free. Was that the price they were at before? Still, better get my order in before they sell out for xmas.

Skyline2uk

So

After my post a month and a bit back about the Skyline household becoming a bit more damp that I would really like, we had a visit from a Roofer today who....Shock of Shocks.....actually DID what he SAID he would do WHEN he said he would!

So we are now (touch wood) water tight. He even put back some slipped tiles from the front of the house.

Recent experience with trades has been mixed. We are now waiting to see if our FIFTH attempt at a boiler engineer (2 no shows and 2 not interested) arrives on Monday to service the heating.

Anyway, happy and ready for a big day tomorrow :-)

Skyline2uk

Tdm

Quote from: Kipper on November 21, 2014, 07:43:23 PM
Was going to put it towards a Arnold Brighton Belle, but the website said none available.  :veryangry:

Just gone to their site tonight, and the train packs are back on sale, at £199 post free. Was that the price they were at before? Still, better get my order in before they sell out for xmas.

Are you talking about the Hornby Website or Chester Model Shop who were advertising them. My emails to the Chester Model Shop asking about the purchase of the Hornby Arnold Brighton Belle have so far brought a Nil response.

Chinahand

Not sure if this should be in the 'Happy' thread or the 'Unhappy' thread.

I've been thinking of buying a Noch Grassmaster for a while now but the cost - £127 - has always put me off. Anyway I decided to look around to see if I could find a second-hand one. In the course of my search I stumbled across a German supplier who is selling brand new Grassmasters for €109 which converts to about £87. Anyway I bought one, expecting that HM Customs would clobber me for duty but it arrived yesterday without any extra charges. SO, I'm happy to have saved £40 (that's just over 30%) but I'm not happy that UK retailers seem to be ripping us off.

I thought this EU membership was, among many other things, supposed to regulate prices across the whole EU. Obviously, like many other elements of EU membership, we in the UK still seem to be paying far more for products than the rest of Europe do.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

railsquid

EU membership is the reason you weren't clobbered by customs. Fortunately prices are set by the usual free market mechanisms, which means companies are free to charge different prices in different locations. But it does also mean the customer is free to shop around across borders.

railsquid

So, we've beeng living on this street of 10 new houses here in Tokyo for about 2 years, and have been on greeting terms with most of the neigbours but not much more. Anyway Mrs. Railsquid is now very visibly pregnant (2 months to go), and as we came back from the supermarket two of the neighbours who had very recently spawned were out on the street talking, and we had a nice long chat with them which was good.  :thumbsup:

Agrippa

Re Chinahand's post the EU doesn't regulate prices , it's a free trade organisation , although it has
expanded into all sorts of busybody activities. VAT rates vary across the member states and many
of the member states are also in the Euro  zone.  Manufacturers and retailers can charge what they like
and it's up to Joe Public to buy or not , or to buy from Europe if there's a better deal to be had.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Anyway, it seems like Chinahand got a good result, and railsquid is settling in! All the best with impending addition, railsquid!

I know you will keep us posted.  :thumbsup: :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

railsquid

It's a "he" by the way, and I already have a small "Plarail" set in reserve for educational purposes  :D

mr bachmann

Quote from: railsquid on November 22, 2014, 12:56:34 PM

It's a "he" by the way, and I already have a small "Plarail" set in reserve for educational purposes  :D

lets hope you've ordered one with a sound unit  :D

Alan

Geoff

My son has now moved out and work has started on the new railway room and very soon Chillthorpe will be under construction, happy days are here to stay.

:claphappy:
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations