Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

:claphappy: Just spotted a GF  GWR Shirtbutton Railcar Chocolate & Cream Car No19 with BIN of £60 on fleabay so went mad and grabbed it. Ive been sneakily looking for one for a couple of years and couldn't resist
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

petercharlesfagg

Something that happens VERY infrequently, unfortunately!

Tax rebate + Premium Bond cheque + pension payment + private pension increase and payment, ALL on the same day!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm going to hit the town next week when all the cheques have gone through!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Newportnobby

I'm just composing what I hope will be the only begging letter, Peter :D

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: newportnobby on June 10, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

That will be nice, I've never had one of those before!

I will only share some of my good fortune with you if you come to my home and FIND the short circuit in my layout!

One good turn deserves another!

Regards, Peter
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

EtchedPixels

Got three premium bond letters today too - apparently sending them in one envelope is beyond their technological power ??? All £25, but I'm not complaining either. P&D Marsh Cup and three premium bonds so far this month 8) now if I could only make the ****y surveyor finish the survey he did over a week ago.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on June 10, 2014, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 10, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

I will only share some of my good fortune with you if you come to my home and FIND the short circuit in my layout!

If you knew what I'm like with electrickery you wouldn't have suggested that, Peter :-[ :no:

johnlambert

Got my P-reg Honda CBR 600 motorbike MOT-ed.  But it did cost a fair bit of money to do so and I'll need to spend more money on it soon.

(so this is part happy and part grumpy)

daveg

Quote from: johnlambert on June 11, 2014, 04:53:31 PM
Got my P-reg Honda CBR 600 motorbike MOT-ed.  But it did cost a fair bit of money to do so and I'll need to spend more money on it soon.

(so this is part happy and part grumpy)

? Harumpy?  ::)

Dave G

silly moo

A few weeks ago I posted in the Angry Thread about problems renewing my passport. Now that a huge fuss has been caused in parliament, the government has actually admitted there is a problem, and extra staff have been deployed at the various passport offices, I'm a bit more hopeful I might actually get my passport back in time for our holiday.

By the way, I allowed three months for it to be renewed not the four weeks quoted on the website.

So, fingers crossed  :uneasy:

sparky

A happy story to raise a smile.... My 19yr old daughter has just returned home from Uni from her 1st year of Primary Teacher Training for which she is well suited as she always thinks of others first and is great with small children.... she met up with her Grandmother yesterday to take her to the local Bingo hall... my daughter had never been before and she promptly won £200 !... being the way she is she insisted that it was split in 4 ways...£50 to Grandma, £50 to her Mum and £50 to me... she said it was a little thank you for helping her through Uni and "why not buy something for your train set" ....very proud of her !

ozzie Bill.

Sparky, that speaks volumes about you as parents. What a fabulous story. Bill.

jonclox

Quote from: jonclox on June 10, 2014, 02:37:36 PM
:claphappy: Just spotted a GF  GWR Shirtbutton Railcar Chocolate & Cream Car No19 with BIN of £60 on fleabay so went mad and grabbed it. Ive been sneakily looking for one for a couple of years and couldn't resist
The little beauty arrived this morning and runs like a dream and make very little noise
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

I have just spent a very enjoyable evening with the QLD KID and his wife, Denis and Margaret.  We met up at their hotel and went on to a Chinese Restaurant for an excellent meal.  They were kind enough to show me many of the photographs they have taken during their visit to the UK and we chatted non stop.

We are meeting up tomorrow and weather permitting we are going to take the Metro to the coast where we will have a trip on a miniature railway, eat some fish and chips then a slow stroll along the sea front taking in the sea air before returning to the hurly burly that is Newcastle  ;)

cheers John.

daveg

Pleased that Denis and Margaret have been able to meet fellow NGF folks. We been in touch from time to time via email during their visit but sadly  it hasn't been possible to get together.

The NGF is truly an international family!

:NGF:

Dave G

Bealman

That's good to hear, John. I met Denis briefly at Wigan. Dave and Malc - I have got your PMs and will reply as soon as I tie up some car issues that occurred while I was away... but that doesn't belong in the happy thread!  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations