Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I have wanted to buy a decent soldering iron for many years, but wiring and soldering have been a pet hate for years.  I've spent the last couple of weeks looking at some posts on here and Antex seemed to come up as a good reliable make of soldering iron.

Well the prices had put me off a bit, so today when I was locking up the school that I work in I decided to have a chat with the Head DT teacher, and he handed me the following....

Marvellous!  £45 saved!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daveg

Result, Chris!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Geoff

Well folks it is my birthday tomorrow and the wife has planned a trip to York to go to the National Railway Museum, I have got all my Batteries charged for my camera so expect some photo's when I get back, the railway tickets are booked and I am going to have a whale of a time.

I could not be more happier.. :bounce:
Geoff

Newportnobby

Happy 21st for tomorrow, Geoff :angel:
Have a great day and we look forward to seeing the pics :beers:

keerout

Happy birthday & have fun!  :thumbsup:
Gerard  :wave:

daveg

Have a great day.

Look forward to the pics.

Dave G

Geoff

And it gets better I can apply for a senior rail card on the 21st June, this is what you get for being in the old farts club..

:beers:

Thanks for the best wishes.
Geoff

tutenkhamunsleeping

Parcel of N buildings'n'bits received from Plaza Japan and I've not been charged VAT & handling - was expecting to pay about £20 on this one :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on June 02, 2014, 10:13:55 AM
Parcel of N buildings'n'bits received from Plaza Japan and I've not been charged VAT & handling - was expecting to pay about £20 on this one :D

Lucky sod - I seem to get clobbered every time :help:

Oldun

You must be doing something wrong  ^^^^.

I've had two deliveries from 'Plaza Japan' and never had extra to pay.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

Have posted in the Angry Thread before, Roger.
Makes my blood boil when even the local sorting office tells me 'it's a postcode lottery'

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: newportnobby on June 02, 2014, 12:57:37 PM
Lucky sod - I seem to get clobbered every time :help:

First time I've ever escaped (excluding under £15 orders, obviously)

Kipper

Had my annual check up at Oncology, and still ahed of the game, with no signs of the cancer returning. Also had mind put at rest over recent low platelet count result from GP, as my count has been low for years (apparently), so no panic there - just that if my blood does go bad, there is not far to go before I am in big trouble!

Newportnobby

Glad to hear the news is continuing to be good, Kipper :thumbsup:

Caz

Just had an email from Hattons re my order for a GWR Grange to advise of a name change:

"Dapol 2S-019-002 Class 6800 4-6-0 will now be released as 6802 "Bampton Grange" and not 6877 "Llanfair Grange" as originally announced."

Suits me lovely as my reverse loop branch line station is Bampton on the Fairford Branch, only thing is Grange's were too heavy to run on the branch, don't you just love Rule 1.    :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%