My Dapol Hall saga continues....Osborne's unresponsive

Started by Doc Pye, March 21, 2019, 12:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Pye

Hi all,

Well my recent purchase from Osborne's seems to have gone south.

On 19 Feb 2019 I purchased a new Dapol 'Priory Hall' from Osborne's. When it was delivered it was found to be defective in its running. On 8 March 2019 I sent it back to Osborne's for a replacement. On 14 March, and again on 18 March 2019 I contacted Osborne's requesting an update. Yet, I have received no response, and more importantly, they haven't sent me a replacement loco.

Okay, things can go wrong and all but this lack of responsiveness, and lack of a new replacement, is concerning. Has anyone else has this type of problem with Osborne's and/or returning a faulty Dapol loco?

:helpneededsign:

Ditape

Not had this particular problem but in my case I had to ring them up to get an answer to my query.
Diane Tape

longbow

Osbornes don't seem good at answering emails. I suggest you call them. If it's clearly faulty then you will want to ensure they replace it as consumer law requires rather than initiating a lengthy warranty process.

PLD

Quote from: Doc Pye on March 21, 2019, 12:32:53 AMOn 8 March 2019 I sent it back to Osborne's for a replacement.
Did you communicate with them about the issues before it was sent back? If so by what means? Are they expecting it?
When you sent it back, what service did you use and was there any form of tracking? Do you have confirmation they have received it?

If the answer to all above is yes, your next step should be a polite phone call, referring to the previous communication and quoting the tracking number.

Doc Pye

Thanks for the input.

In response,
QuoteDid you communicate with them about the issues before it was sent back? If so by what means? Are they expecting it?
When you sent it back, what service did you use and was there any form of tracking? Do you have confirmation they have received it?

Yes to all.

I have done everything in writing as I find it easier that way when dealing with such issues. If I don't get a response today from them I will try calling them, and if that doesn't work, I will issue a complaint via PayPal which is how I paid for it. I hope that won't be necessary but I should have had a replacement loco by now. Very disappointing.

Bob G

Sometimes, retailers run out of stock and have to re-order from Dapol.
Rails of Sheffield, for example, advertise some stock as orderable. you order it, they get it from Dapol and send to you.
It takes a bit longer but they don't have to keep stock which might not shift.

I would phone to see what is the matter before saying it's not acceptable, because it may not be in their control.

HTH
Bob

njee20

Whilst that's entirely true, I'd expect at least a "hi, we've no stock at the moment, we've ordered your replacement". No excuse in this day and age to not send emails, particularly to someone who's communicating by email.

Silver fox

I sent a new A4 back to dcc supplies  they a great have sent dapol locomotives to and can recommend this company mike

Doc Pye

Another day and still nothing from Osborne's...no response at all to my emails.

QuoteI'd expect at least a "hi, we've no stock at the moment, we've ordered your replacement". No excuse in this day and age to not send emails, particularly to someone who's communicating by email.

I agree completely.

Whenever I do any returns I always do them in writing, as if there was something wrong in the first place you always want to leave a clear document trail. If Osborne's would have come back to me and say, 'We received the package and are doing X, Y, Z...'...well then that would be fine. But not addressing a customer who has had a bad purchase - and that happens - just isn't acceptable.

I will give them a call tomorrow and if the replacement isn't sent, initiate a formal complaint via PayPal. So sad that one has to jump through such hoops when they have paid good money for an item. The times we live I guess...

MKP

Hi

Apologies if you have had any issues, if you could let me knowyour name I can check on this for you.

I have sent over a message as well for you to reply to

Doc Pye

Thanks MKP. Info sent via PM. Hope you can resolve this asap and get me a replacement loco.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations