Important Notice regarding the NGS Shop

Started by Mirrlees, October 26, 2014, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 27, 2014, 03:20:11 PM
Can I suggest you post some photos of the move on the web site. That might make people realise the scale of the challenge !

Some sort of photoblog that covers the move would do more to generate good feeling and understanding towards the shop's temporary closure than so many pages of text on this thread.

zopadooper

No photographs, I am afraid, but for the avid followers of the saga, the stock destined for Skegness is in situ and, as we speak, the remainder of the stock is in a broken down lorry on the M1!!!

Alan
NGauge Society Treasurer

daveg

Some progress then re Skegness.

Do hope the driver(s) and the stock on the M1 are rescued very soon and can be safely on their way.

Dave G

zopadooper

Latest update:
Driver and co-pilot are being despatched home by train - quite appropriate for a railway society!, courtesy of the AA, and stock remains locked up on the M1 until Monday when the AA will repatriate it.

Alan - NGS Treasurer

Tdm

As a recently joined new NGS member and having looked at what is available in the rtr category, I would love to place an order for some the things that have taken my fancy.

Any ideas as to when I will be able to place an order (for delivery to Tenerife) - is it likely to be next year (2015) at the earliest, and will an announcement be made about the re-availability?.

free debt man

Welcome to the Society. As you will have gathered we are in process of re-organisation. We are hoping to be able to deal with orders at least for Society produced items within the next few weeks as soon as a stock take is finalised & a full on line shop system created. Further announcements on progress will be made on the Society website http://ngaugesociety.com/ and this and other forums.
Stuart Conlon
General Secretary
N Gauge Society

SheldonC

After a flurry of activity, there seem to have been no more posts on the subject of the NGS Shop since 29/11/14, or am I doing something wrong?  I only get 7 pages; are there any more?  Perhaps the reorganization is taking up 100% of available time resources.  Wishing good luck to all involved.

SheldonC

zopadooper

There has, indeed, been an apparant silence for the last 10 days because there is nothing new to report.
The counting of some 1500 stock lines continues, the assessment of suitable stock control / point of sale software continues, the consideration of the most appropriate way to get a temporary shop up and running continues.  The Committee believes that the re-opening of a temporary shop is the first priority but doing so must not jeopardise the other objectives.  Be assured that an anouncement will be made when there is something new to communicate.

Alan
NGS Treasurer

SheldonC

"Good on yer," as they say; more power to your collective elbow. +

SheldonC

:thankyousign:

SheldonC

Quote from: PLD on November 26, 2014, 01:19:36 PM
Quote from: Mirrlees on November 26, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
The Society Shop is only closed temporarily and it is hope to be reopened partially in January 2015.

It has come to our notice that Model Master are claiming you should buy plates from them.  The agreement between N Gauge Society and ModelMaster is still in place.

You should not buy plates or transfers from Model master

David Baverstock
NGS Chairman
TEL: 0117 9763329
And that attitude that the Society is the play thing of the few and not run for the benefit of the members as a whole, (in this case in the form that the Society's income stream is more important than helping the members obtain the goods they want at a time when the Society is unable to fulfill their requirements) is the main reason why I am not a member...

You should be supporting the commendable action of Model Masters for temporarily reopening direct sales FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR MEMBERS whilst the Society shop is unable fulfill their needs.

You are not as you may think 'protecting' the society, instead you are P****** off your members...

I cannot speak for anyone else, but the Society is not T***** me off (sorry, my spelling is deteriorating with age) with its rigid adherence to the exclusivity agreement, though it is inconvenient when you find yourself receiving presents that duplicate existing stock and you're looking forward to being able to change their identities.  Failure to adhere to the agreement would undermine the foundations of the society, if only a little.  Is there scope for the Society to use the suppliers as a different kind of resource, acting as agents of NGS whilst supplying the goods direct to the members in this time of need?  In the mean time, I'm building up quite a Wish List.

zopadooper

Without making any promise of "when" I know that the plates and numbers are in the process of being counted and listed.  We expect the first list to be available on the Society website early in the new year together with details of how to submit orders.
In the meantime the counting and listing of both Society and general products is proceding and we would hope to offer a similar facility within the same time scales.

Alan

N Gauge Society Treasurer

free debt man

A request for members who wish to apply to become the N Gauge Society Shop Manager has been posted on the Society website
Stuart Conlon
General Secretary
N Gauge Society

Les1952

Quote from: SheldonC on December 16, 2014, 12:30:40 PM
Quote from: PLD on November 26, 2014, 01:19:36 PM
Quote from: Mirrlees on November 26, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
The Society Shop is only closed temporarily and it is hope to be reopened partially in January 2015.

It has come to our notice that Model Master are claiming you should buy plates from them.  The agreement between N Gauge Society and ModelMaster is still in place.

You should not buy plates or transfers from Model master

David Baverstock
NGS Chairman
TEL: 0117 9763329
And that attitude that the Society is the play thing of the few and not run for the benefit of the members as a whole, (in this case in the form that the Society's income stream is more important than helping the members obtain the goods they want at a time when the Society is unable to fulfill their requirements) is the main reason why I am not a member...

You should be supporting the commendable action of Model Masters for temporarily reopening direct sales FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR MEMBERS whilst the Society shop is unable fulfill their needs.

You are not as you may think 'protecting' the society, instead you are P****** off your members...

I cannot speak for anyone else, but the Society is not T***** me off (sorry, my spelling is deteriorating with age) with its rigid adherence to the exclusivity agreement, though it is inconvenient when you find yourself receiving presents that duplicate existing stock and you're looking forward to being able to change their identities.  Failure to adhere to the agreement would undermine the foundations of the society, if only a little.  Is there scope for the Society to use the suppliers as a different kind of resource, acting as agents of NGS whilst supplying the goods direct to the members in this time of need?  In the mean time, I'm building up quite a Wish List.

To be quite honest given my experiences with buying plates from Modelmaster I would say you would be at least 6 months quicker waiting for the NGS to find them and get up and running..........

Les

Roy L S

You could but them directly from Modelmaster (see website) and I have done so. Whatever the contractual agreement between them and the NGS is not really my issue, if the NGS cannot supply them. As an NGS member I do not know the terms under which the exclusivity arrangement was agreed although based on the discussions at this year's AGM I would like to!

For me the problem with the NGS shop (and the reason I have gone to Modelmaster directly) has been that when I was after plates I was told that they had a significant number but couldn't tell me what they actually had in stock as at that point they hadn't been separated into individual sets (apparently they come on big sheets) or repackaged for individual sale.

Hopefully with new stock control and sales systems being developed by the NGS, once the current transition is over things will improve and NGS Shop will intuitively be the first place to go.

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations