The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on March 06, 2016, 10:13:45 PM
Quote from: Oldman on March 06, 2016, 08:02:11 PM
Sorting out the granddaughters' laptop - just spent the last hour looking for the administrative password and changing every thing so she now has complete control over it.
Her problem now as have removed myself from the user list.

I'd have put that in 'The Happy Thread' :D
Could have been both,the problem was finding the password.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Bealman

I rarely post on this thread as I don't like negativity on the forum, nor do I wish to be seen as what the Aussies refer to as a pommy whinger (sometimes in fun, sometimes not). However this recent incident really got my back up.

I bought Mrs Bealman a cheap smartphone from Aldi:
[smg id=36415 type=preview align=center width=400]
Anyway, the battery in it swelled up to become the size of a golfball. Time for a new one.

I don't know if you folk in the UK have a chain called Battery World, but we do here in NSW. They advertise that they have batteries for EVERYTHING. So Bealman fronted up at aforementioned shop, to be greeted by some young kid who, as soon as he saw the phone, said they don't have batteries for that. He then proceeded to lecture me as to how to get rid of the old battery.

I wasn't so much annoyed about that as I am about what I believe is a phone in perfectly working order about to become e-trash in landfill.   >:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Have a squint on e-bay, George. There are all sorts of batteries on the UK site. Should be the same down under. Failing that, have a look at the manufacturer's web site. It may be a common problem. Good hunting.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Cheers, Malc. Will do!  :beers:

George

Bealman

Well, I just spent an hour looking, and no joy. Perhaps the kid was right after all. During the search, I just noticed a new phone at Officeworks for less than a hundred bucks. Looks like it'll be easier to get a new one and chuck the old one.

It's a sad situation and one that really irks me as like most railway modellers, I like fixing stuff and recycling materials for the layout.

Throw-away society.....  >:(

Malc

Don't you just hate it when the young whippersnapper gets it right.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

davieb

feeling pretty angry right now
spent a couple of hours last night doing some ballasting
only to have just seen it disappear in the hoover just now
guess that's ballast magic  :(

Dave  :thumbsdown:

Newportnobby

Oh dear, Dave.
That's not good. Did you have one of your stockings tucked into the vacuum cleaner nozzle so you could reclaim the ballast? ;)

jonclox

:worried: Was scheduled to go to the GP for an MOT and update but cancelled it last week because of the cold stormy weather that does my breathing no good.
Friday I seemed to have picked up a cold and yesterday felt as sick as a dog during the afternoon/evening but at least I can inform the GP about this added situation when (hopefully) :-\ she phones up  this afternoon  :hmmm:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on March 14, 2016, 10:59:38 AM
:worried:Was scheduled to go to the GP foe

Might be better if you kept her on your side, Jon ;)

Hope you feel better soon.

Oldman

Discovered that I have run out of primer, so jobs will have to wait until I get more funds next week provided DWP don't muck my payment up again  :censored:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

jonclox

Quote from: jonclox on March 14, 2016, 10:59:38 AM
:worried: Was scheduled to go to the GP for an MOT and update but cancelled it last week because of the cold stormy weather that does my breathing no good.
Friday I seemed to have picked up a cold and yesterday felt as sick as a dog during the afternoon/evening but at least I can inform the GP about this added situation when (hopefully) :-\ she phones up  this afternoon  :hmmm:
It appears that my GP is part of a group :o who attend seminars and discussion boards etc  that are in existence purely to discuss COPD problems.
As such they hold a  phone conference 'meeting' each week and try sort each others problems/patients etc out.
Im not sure if its a local area thingy but it might come up with something to help me more in the long term.  ::)
Time may tell  :hmmm:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Good luck with that, Jon.
If it was my lot I'd suspect them of having a discussion about their golf swing or something else equally as important. :unimpressed:

Oldman

Grrrrr second time this year of have mislaid the lead from my Camera to the Computer. If I buy a new Nikon one sod's law says the old one will suddenly appear again.

GeeBee

Quote from: Oldman on March 25, 2016, 09:42:08 AM
Grrrrr second time this year of have mislaid the lead from my Camera to the Computer. If I buy a new Nikon one sod's law says the old one will suddenly appear again.

Which Nikon do you have, my D60 and Coolpix 3800 both will take miniature usb to usb  and I normally use the one from my note pad they are all inter changeable
regards
Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations