Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Who's Suzi Perry, again?  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on December 21, 2015, 08:18:26 PM
Never mind angry. I am absolutely fuming
What's the big deal ?  It was on a free-to-air channel, it'll stay on a free-to-air channel ...
motor sport gets the chop more quickly than any other.
At £35M, it's hardly surprising ... in this age of Murdoch driving the broadcast price Sky-high for almost all sports, be glad you've had it for so long - and it'll still be free for the remainder of the contract.  But at £3.5M per broadcast race - someone got a good deal, and it wasn't the license-payer ...

Remember - the Beeb has to reduce costs by about £500M - this is a large chunk of that in one go.  Another chunk saved is the Bottom Gear mob moving to internet TV  ::)  Now if we could only get rid of the rest of the overpaid "presenters" ...  :P starting with a ginger prat !

Quote from: austinbob on December 21, 2015, 08:31:07 PM
I expect we'll get [...] adverts every 15 minutes.
Seeing as they said something about "no adverts" ...  ::)
This could be the start of the end for F1.
That started years ago ...  ::)

I sympathise ... but sport in general (and motor sport in particular) has taken away much money from other areas the Beeb used to do well (some of which I'm interested in), resulting in quite a dumb-down of what little is produced I like to watch ... or at least, what I used to like to watch while it was still entertaining & educational, and not at the level of tabloid journalism.  What goes around, comes around - and it's motorsport's turn to be on the sharp end.

dannyboy

As I understand it, F1 is going to Channel 4, but only for 10 live races, (as now with BBC). Apparently it will be advert' free - but we will see ???. Like stated previously, as much as enjoy F1, I will not be paying Sky  :no:. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on December 21, 2015, 08:42:11 PM
Who's Suzi Perry, again?  :D
Isn't she that short, leather-clad rock-&-roller  ???

austinbob

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 21, 2015, 08:43:49 PM

Quote from: austinbob on December 21, 2015, 08:31:07 PM
I expect we'll get [...] adverts every 15 minutes.
Seeing as they said something about "no adverts" ...  ::)
And you believe that will last long???  :hmmm: ???
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MikeDunn

I'd give it no more than 3 years  :P

Agrippa

No that's Fred Perry anyway why should licence payers have to
cough up for petrolheads watching vroom vroom round a tail chaser.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

paulprice

I wish they would dump the Tennis and Snooker, I mean a sport REALLY I think not  :P

austinbob

Quote from: Agrippa on December 21, 2015, 09:17:14 PM
No that's Fred Perry anyway why should licence payers have to
cough up for petrolheads watching vroom vroom round a tail chaser.
You could say the same about licence payers paying up for watching two teams of overpaid schoolboys kicking a ball around a field!!  :D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MikeDunn

Quote from: austinbob on December 21, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
You could say the same about licence payers paying up for watching two teams of overpaid schoolboys kicking a ball around a field!!  :D
OK  :D

What a waste of money it is for license payers paying up for a bunch of over-paid wooses running up & down a field for an 80 - 90 minutes !  (should have the rugby mob ITV lost a fortune on included there  :P)

Just don't start me on fishing being a "sport" ... !!!  :thumbsdown:

austinbob

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 21, 2015, 09:27:40 PM
Quote from: austinbob on December 21, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
OK  :D

What a waste of money it is for license payers paying up for a bunch of over-paid wooses running up & down a field for an 80 - 90 minutes !  (should have the rugby mob ITV lost a fortune on included there  :P)

Just don't start me on fishing being a "sport" ... !!!  :thumbsdown:
I think we are tiptoeing onto dangerous ground here Mike. I suppose everyone has their own favourite sport and woe betide anyone who threatens our access to it.
I just happen to like F1 and can see its unfortunate demise looming on the horizon.
I don't like football or rugby or any sport that involves exercise!! it makes me feel guilty about my lack of exercise when I watch it!!
I can relate to F1 whizzing round a track as I dream about driving my C4 Picasso around an F1 track. Hey Ho!!
:D :beers:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

I guess most of the sports I like have priced themselves out of the range of the terrestrial channels. In fairly quick succession MotoGP, F1 and American Football have gone from our screens. I guess the Superbowl will be shown, as were the matches played at Wembley
Yes, I know F1 will be on Channel 4 next year but until I know who the presenters are the jury is definitely still out. I'm not disposed to criticise sports I don't like and I wouldn't touch Sky with someone else's bargepole.

Geoff

Well as long as the BBC can show Strictly I do not know what the fuss is about  :laugh3:
Geoff

austinbob

Quote from: Geoff on December 21, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
Well as long as the BBC can show Strictly I do not know what the fuss is about  :laugh3:
Oh My God!! I thought Strictly had gone away until next year. - please change the subject!!  :'(

Bob Austin

railsquid

Quote from: austinbob on December 21, 2015, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: Geoff on December 21, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
Oh My God!! I thought Strictly had gone away until next year. - please change the subject!!  :'(
I have experienced this particular brand of horror for the first time while visiting my parents' house recently. Doesn't help that they are somewhat HARD OF HEARING and have the TV volume dialled up to 11. I need therapy.  :help:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations