The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Good to hear that, Geoff, as no matter which NHS hospital you are in there's no dignity :unimpressed:

REGP

Glad to hear you are out Geoff, your now in the best place as recovery seems to speed up once you are home.

Ray

MikeDunn

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 23, 2015, 01:13:01 PM
It may not be as bad as that, the RHS link says
"the seeds, which can remain viable for two years"

But anyway, point of order, one is supposed to weedkill or pull it, not smoke it out Mike , , , , ducks&runs.
::)

It's very shallow-rooted, so they were all pulled up; unsure how safe they are though, as SWMBO has a nasty mark on her arm where one got her  ???

As to seed longevity, I'll err on the side of caution.

daveg

Good to learn you're home, Geoff.

Take it easy - hope you feel better very soon.

Dave G

jonclox

Quote from: Geoff on August 23, 2015, 02:51:27 PM
Just got home but now I am an out patient so happy to be home thanks very much folks for all the kind regards.
Good to hear that your home Geoff and hope your soon back to your normal self
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Geoff

Quote from: jonclox on August 24, 2015, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: Geoff on August 23, 2015, 02:51:27 PM
Just got home but now I am an out patient so happy to be home thanks very much folks for all the kind regards.
Good to hear that your home Geoff and hope your soon back to your normal self

Thank you, well I am on holiday this week anyway, and already I have got my self into my man cave to play with the trains, under orders no lifting from the wife haha, I am going to get the branch line built while I am off work this week. I shall take it easy no stress in Modelling.
Geoff

MikeDunn

Holiday ... strange concept ...  :confused1:

You get yourself delving deep into playing working on that branch line  :thumbsup:

Gonna be another month before I allow myself time off for bad good behaviour  :(

REGP

Thank you, well I am on holiday this week anyway, and already I have got my self into my man cave to play with the trains, under orders no lifting from the wife haha, I am going to get the branch line built while I am off work this week. I shall take it easy no stress in Modelling.
[/quote]

The man cave sounds the best place for a spot of convalescence, as much peace and quiet as you want and the chance to play trains to do a bit of modelling.

Ray

steve836

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a bit hilly round the Himalayas?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

MalcolmInN

Good to hear that you are back in the cave.

Quote from: Geoff on August 24, 2015, 10:50:57 AMI shall take it easy no stress in Modelling.
So that means no reading of the Angry Thread, no perusing of Tesco or other Shop threads, and whatever you do - no going near any Air Show threads  :laugh3: :laugh: :bounce: ;D ;D ;D
Oh, yes, and maybe best to stear clear of any Exhibition discussions  :D :D

PS is attempted black humour allowed in an Angry Thread or am I in trouble ?
more ducks@running

Maurits71

:laughabovepost:
very angry about this
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

Geoff

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 24, 2015, 11:41:01 AM

Good to hear that you are back in the cave.

Quote from: Geoff on August 24, 2015, 10:50:57 AMI shall take it easy no stress in Modelling.
So that means no reading of the Angry Thread, no perusing of Tesco or other Shop threads, and whatever you do - no going near any Air Show threads  :laugh3: :laugh: :bounce: ;D ;D ;D
Oh, yes, and maybe best to stear clear of any Exhibition discussions  :D :D

PS is attempted black humour allowed in an Angry Thread or am I in trouble ?
more ducks@running

Well that has just cracked me up haha well when I was in hospital and folks were there in the ward I had them cracking up and I think they might be glad I have come home or not, one needs to enjoy life no good being miserable about the ailment I have.

I even had all of the nurses giving me a pat on the back and that is a long story, but The NHS staff are brilliant they saved my life and I will always be thankful from the ambulance staff to A and E through to the ward they were all brilliant, after 4 1/2 days in hospital to coming home to my family is brilliant I do have to go back for more tests through out patients but that is fine I need to find out why and what caused the Hemorrhage.

But I for one am going to live for today and enjoy my family and my model railway plus the banter I get from fellow members here on the forum any way back to my Branch Line.
Geoff

MalcolmInN

Yer, me too, out patients tomorrow, again  , , and I dont know either !
after a lifetime of doing (almost!) the right thing (maintaining 2acres of gardens and veg.plot, no desk job, no smoking for 40y, healthy food -raw veg. prepare all my own food etc&etc) they will again be asking me if I get plenty of excersize, do I need any diet help, do I need help to give up smoking grrrrr.

No, just an anti-stress pill please, and a happy pill might be a good idea to go with all the other pills :(
So now I am living for today; the garden can look after itself and I may even start smoking tomorrow.
Me angry ? Whatever gave you that idea  :veryangry: >:( :laugh3: :D

MikeDunn

I know some people really do need this kind of medicine (and this is in no way aimed at them !), but the over-prescription of stuff like statins & blood pressure tablets is beyond a joke ... you just need to appear to come close to the generalized requirements to have your doctor putting the health guilt-trip on you, and once taking them it's near-impossible to come off them ...  And why ?  In a lot of cases, not for a medical reason, but because the practice gets a larger kick-back of cash the more people they sign up !!!  :veryangry:

My doctor got rather embarrassed when I challenged his statement that I needed to go onto statins due to the cholesterol figures - the 'bad' level had consistently gone down over the previous 3 months & the 'good' up; OK, the overall count was still above average - but was under the 'have to do something' level !  Ditto blood pressure - I started monitoring it myself on a daily basis when put on a low dose, and saw that my levels were a lot lower at home than when I went to see him ( :hmmm:) ... managed to wean myself off those tablets, and had the graphs to prove I was doing OK & was now under the original levels; he was unable to give me valid reasons to stay on 'em ... and was not happy when I said "that's enough then"  ::)

Malc

I had my blood pressure checked some years ago and it was 220/160. I asked the doctor what he thought and he said"don't bother buying any long playing records"
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations