The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Is that the one where you pump 3-6 x doses from the inhaler into a perspex cylinder and then inhale from the cylinder, Jon?

Jon898

Quote from: paulprice on July 25, 2015, 09:27:05 AM
Bloody FORDS, but the good news they have all the parts

I was told that FORD stood for Fix Or Repair Daily, so of course they have the parts.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on July 27, 2015, 03:46:55 PM
Is that the one where you pump 3-6 x doses from the inhaler into a perspex cylinder and then inhale from the cylinder, Jon?
No.
That I could .....and have ......coped with that.
This one has a button (trigger) on the top which turns a window below it green.
You then inhale until the window turns back to red You then know you have taken the whole dose
I just cant inhale strongly enough and the dam thing refuses you a second chance
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Why is it that just when I've spent some dosh on a necessity (in this case a Western from Kernow :angel:) that just a few hours later I manage to break the lock on my front door so now I have to find a locksmith who will no doubt charge some exorbitant call out fee :veryangry:

Yet_Another

Just use the back door?

Sorry. My sympathies. I cut my arm open breaking in to my own house in similar circumstances.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

I'm having to use the back door as a temporary measure but if anyone comes to visit that door leads into my 'office', the state of which makes a pigsty look the very model of neatness :-[

Newportnobby

Quote from: newportnobby on July 27, 2015, 09:23:41 PM
Why is it that just when I've spent some dosh on a necessity (in this case a Western from Kernow :angel:) that just a few hours later I manage to break the lock on my front door so now I have to find a locksmith who will no doubt charge some exorbitant call out fee :veryangry:

At £79 per hour labour and an £85 door mechanism + VAT for the  :censored: Treasury my door is fixed but that's 2 locos!!!!!!!!
Looks like I'l be down Preston docks (again) for a few nights :laugh:

austinbob

Just been running my Dapol Hall with a rake of chocolate and cream coaches - lubbly jubbly - on my test track. Test track is not fixed to base board and one of the track joints parted and the whole train dropped about 3 or 4ft on to the carpet. Ohh My Goddd!!
Hall bogie fixing got wrenched out of the chassis. Buffer beam broken, buffer snapped off. Rear NEM coupling snapped off and disappeared into the unknown.
Fortunately managed to repair all with a bit of careful refitting and a bit of superglue. Almost as good as new and still runs ok. One or two minor bits of damage still remain but no one would know unless I pointed them out. Pheww!! Luckily all the coaches survived without damage - no doubt down to Farish good product design.
>:( :dunce: :dunce:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on July 29, 2015, 08:22:02 PM
At £79 per hour labour and an £85 door mechanism + VAT for the  :censored: Treasury my door is fixed but that's 2 locos!!!!!!!!
Couldn't you just replace it yourself  ???

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on July 29, 2015, 08:22:02 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 27, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

Looks like I'l be down Preston docks (again) for a few nights :laugh:

:laughabovepost:

No, Mick, No! Please don't lower the tone of the area (again)!  :D

Dave G

FeelixTC

Boiler (Baxi - not 'er indoors) has been playing up.

Engineer told me I needed a new pcb - £120  :goggleeyes:
Internet search proved him correct, until...........
Found a 'refurbished' pcb for £30. Now, I must admit, I was sceptical; how can you 'refurbish' a pcb? Took the gamble anyway.
Fitted pcb Saturday and boiler springs back into normal operation, high fives all round.

Until this morning, when I had no hot water again.

So here's the conundrum - It's either a) Not the pcb, or b) I got stiffed with my cheap alternative. Which way to go??

I hate having tradesmen in the house  >:D

daveg

Had a similar problem with my boiler some time back.

Recall it had a chip of some sort on the card that had lost its mind. No way to fix it so had to fork out for a new one. £80 odd back then. Bet the thing cost no more than a tenner to make it the first place but what can you do?

Good luck TC!

Dave G

Skyline2uk

My recent experience with tradesman has been broadly positive.

But I will post the following on here as it seems more of a rant.

We are having a package of work done on the house at the moment (sorry, that's the engineering world coming out again) as it was far less hassle doing it all in one than separately.

This work includes new kitchen work tops, new overn hood, new bedroom cupboard doors and all new led lights in the kitchen and living room.

Apart from the biggest work surface revealing one of our walls is as straight as a not very straight thing (to be fair, nothing in our house is), the lights put up one hell of a fight.

I warned the sparky that there was a socking great transformer in the ceiling for the old halogen lights in the kitchen and probably the same in the living room (though that I had not seen myself). He assured me that was fine and he could replace circuit with minimal effort. Hmmmm. Got a text at lunch time Tuesday telling me all of my upstairs floors were up whilst he tried to locate said transformers!

Anyway, he found them and has now finished installing lovely new lights which should save me some dosh on electricity. However, the process revealed that whoever installed the old set up (our neighbour believes a pro sparky!) used "Industrial grade" kit which, in the kitchen at least, was starting to burn itself. Oh, and in the living room, had no earth.

Makes me wonder why the hell I bothered with any survey or mountain of paperwork at all when buying this place!

Anyway, happy with outcome, rant off.

Skyline2uk

FeelixTC

Quote from: Skyline2uk on July 30, 2015, 10:52:26 AM
My recent experience with tradesman has been broadly positive.

But I will post the following on here as it seems more of a rant.

We are having a package of work done on the house at the moment (sorry, that's the engineering world coming out again) as it was far less hassle doing it all in one than separately.

This work includes new kitchen work tops, new overn hood, new bedroom cupboard doors and all new led lights in the kitchen and living room.

Apart from the biggest work surface revealing one of our walls is as straight as a not very straight thing (to be fair, nothing in our house is), the lights put up one hell of a fight.

I warned the sparky that there was a socking great transformer in the ceiling for the old halogen lights in the kitchen and probably the same in the living room (though that I had not seen myself). He assured me that was fine and he could replace circuit with minimal effort. Hmmmm. Got a text at lunch time Tuesday telling me all of my upstairs floors were up whilst he tried to locate said transformers!

Anyway, he found them and has now finished installing lovely new lights which should save me some dosh on electricity. However, the process revealed that whoever installed the old set up (our neighbour believes a pro sparky!) used "Industrial grade" kit which, in the kitchen at least, was starting to burn itself. Oh, and in the living room, had no earth.

Makes me wonder why the hell I bothered with any survey or mountain of paperwork at all when buying this place!

Anyway, happy with outcome, rant off.

Skyline2uk
See this? ~~~>   ..........That's my case, resting.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations