The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bikeracer on July 05, 2013, 11:07:55 AM
Decided to install Photoshop Elements yesterday on Widows 7 and Mac OS X.

Erm.... that's a scary thought for an operating system :o

Bealman

It's the latest offering from Munstersoft  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on July 06, 2013, 12:27:14 AM
Admission time - I don't half fancy Morticia :-[

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on July 06, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

I will have a word with one of our customers in the shop  :hmmm:

She Is the spitting image of Morticia  >:D

I will ask if she is single if you would like me to  ;)

dave  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: davieb on July 06, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 06, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

She Is the spitting image of Morticia  >:D
dave  :thumbsup:

Does that mean you have to operate her by shoving your hands up her  :-X  :-X  :-X  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

loco4401

Nothing worse when you swap shifts with a work mate and tell the wife after you have done it for her to blow a gasket because you didnt check with her first

Oldman

S*** Law,went to stick my backscene on and got halfway through the first sheet and my can of spray glue ran out. Too late to get in the car and get to a shop to get any more today. :veryangry:
Note to self get 2 next time so I have a spare,and get another when the first can runs out.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Sprintex

Found out by text message that the landlord has put our house on the market, after telling us only a year or two ago that we were safe to stay here as long as we wanted. All the hassle of trying to find another decent house and moving all our stuff again.  :(

Anyone fancy a buy-to-rent opportunity?? ::)

Paul

Newportnobby

Jeepers, Paul :o
He sounds like a right pheasant you-know-what.
Don't suppose you have his previous statement in writing?

Sprintex

Nope, all verbal I'm afraid.

Paul

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on July 10, 2013, 09:14:38 PM
Nope, all verbal I'm afraid.

Paul

Worth talking to citizens advice and similar. In a lot of cases the new buyer inherits a tenant and the tenancy rights continue. That means it's rather in your landlords interest to persuade the new buyer you are nice because whoever he sells to gets you as well. In addition the landlord has *zero* right to show people around the internals of the property while you are a tenant - so you can really make his life hell  :angel: by refusing, or by insisting on being there and telling people truthfully about all the faults !

There's another funny as well which is that if you are a long leasrholder you may also have a right of first refusal and the landlord can get into deep sh*t for not following he rules on this (it as so abused that someone decided to make not following it get landlords large potential fines and a good kicking). Basically its a sort of right to buy option.

Your landlord is supposed (and I suspect required) to serve you an S21 (unless its changed of late) which is *not* a notice to quit but a notice of proposed sale.  Basically in most cases the fact a property is being sold doesn't change the tenancies - the buyer is buying the property plus tenant plus all the contractual duties attached to that. If the landlord sells to someone looking for buy to let income then things just continue. This is quite normal - its common for properties to go for *more* because they have an existing long term tenant who is up to date on rent etc. It saves the buyer the hell of finding new tenants, then finding decent new tenants!

Good luck - hope you get a new decent landlord !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Geez, Paul that's a bit of a nasty kick. Why is nothing ever easy? Good luck and let us know how you get on

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

I'd moaned a couple of weeks back about Maplins poor packing that led to the refusal of their  attempt to send me one of their rotary tool kits.

The second attempt didn't even make it to my door, with apparently FedEx returning it to Maplins.

The third replacement arrived, packed in exactly the same useless state. The driver told me he'd returned the second one himself but he'd been instructed to attempt delivery with the third. I refused the delivery as damaged.

I emailed Maplins who didn't apologise at all but said they'd noted that I didn't now want the item and a refund would be made to my PayPal account on it's arrival at their depot. That was more than a week ago.

No refund. Chasing them again.

Not impressed.

Dave G

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Sprintex on July 10, 2013, 08:46:30 PM
Found out by text message that the landlord has put our house on the market, after telling us only a year or two ago that we were safe to stay here as long as we wanted. All the hassle of trying to find another decent house and moving all our stuff again.  :(

Anyone fancy a buy-to-rent opportunity?? ::)

Paul

A couple of years ago, I found the house we were renting for sale on ebay!!!! Landlords didn't tell us! This was a couple of months before the end of the lease, so we found a new house and when offered a lease extension politely declined it. Landlords ended up with an empty property for 9 months with a large mortgage to pay on it lol :)

Landlords refused to return 50% of deposit. We went to independent arbitration and got 100% back :)

Michael

Agrippa

Deposits with landlords a real pain, in Scotland system being reformed and regulated,
not sure about England , Wales and NI. One of the biggest rogues was a well known
letting agency in London. They know who they are
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations