It must be nearly Xmas:

Started by Tdm, November 24, 2014, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

To me, puttin' Christmas decorations up is like mowing lawns. Totally pointless exercise, grass grows again, decorations have to be taken down. Plus last year, here in the Aussie summer, I got stung to all  :censored: and back putting lights over the bushes out the front.

Bah humbug.  ;) ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

Just want to see my Grand son's face on Christmas morning, nothing else matters.
Geoff

Tdm

Actually Xmas and New Year is a special (albeit expensive) time for our family as we have lot's of family birthdays to celebrate in December, and my son was born on Xmas day, and on January 5th it is our Wedding Anniversary (41 years this next time).

Must have been something in the air around April time a number of years back, as that is when many of our family were conceived, or was it something they put in the water those days?.  :)

Bealman

Yeah, it is major family thing, and I guess we shouldn't forget that. But if yer family hate one another, you have to prop the smiles up with matchsticks  :D

Geez, that is bah humbug and lets get back on topic..., your earliest signs of Christmas?  :thumbsup: :beers:

MikeDunn

Quote from: Geoff on November 25, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
Just want to see my Grand son's face on Christmas morning, nothing else matters.
Can't you just use a torch ?  :P

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2014, 10:13:46 AM
Personally more interested in making sure we have rock salt and the snow shovel is ready for the bad winter we will probably get.
Mmmmm, must check the box at the end of the road ...  2 years back, some sods in a Land Rover Discovery drove up & up-ended it into the back, & drove off !!!  Stuff the people it's meant for  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Bealman

Come on you folk... you're keepin' somebody up in Australia....

Get back on topic.... earliest signs of Christmas?  :thumbsup:

Agrippa

Quote from: steve836 on November 25, 2014, 08:28:24 AM
In our household its packing and getting ready to fly south to get away from it all! :P

So you're spending Christmas in Essex.....
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Agrippa

Quote from: Bealman on November 25, 2014, 11:42:07 AM
Get back on topic.... earliest signs of Christmas?  :thumbsup:

Moanin' old gits on this thread......

Bealman

steve836

Quote from: Agrippa on November 25, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
In our household its packing and getting ready to fly south to get away from it all! :P

Don,t need to fly for that! 3 years ago we moved from one side of the village to the other. We used to live in Essex now we are in Suffolk.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

steve836

Quote from: Tdm on November 25, 2014, 10:49:43 AM
Actually Xmas and New Year is a special (albeit expensive) time for our family as we have lot's of family birthdays to celebrate in December, and my son was born on Xmas day, and on January 5th it is our Wedding Anniversary (41 years this next time).

Must have been something in the air around April time a number of years back, as that is when many of our family were conceived, or was it something they put in the water those days?.  :)

Strange! Most of our family Birthdays are in Nov. and Dec. Perhaps its the spring which gets us fellas all "romantic"

Bealman

Quote from: steve836 on November 25, 2014, 12:00:59 PM
Quote from: Agrippa on November 25, 2014, 11:46:57 AM

Don,t need to fly for that! 3 years ago we moved from one side of the village to the other. We used to live in Essex now we are in Suffolk.
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Come on you guys... I'm supposed to be going to bed here! I keep reading these posts which are cracking me up!

steve836

If you go to bed now, George, Your offspring will be borne at the wrong time of year! :D

Agrippa

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 25, 2014, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Geoff on November 25, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
Can't you just use a torch ?  :P
:laughabovepost: RAFLMAO

Geoff

Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100%