Wanted Peco PL-11 Surface Mounted Point Motors

Started by port perran, January 03, 2021, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Hi

Peco Point Motors seem to be out of stock everywhere.
If anyone has any surplus to needs, I'd be happy to buy them from you (inc P&P of course).
Ideally I'm looking for four but could manage with three.

Many Thanks
Martin

Mods - If this listing is in the incorrect place, I apologise. Please feel free to move if necessary.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

Bigmac

just a great pity these dont have the facility to switch the frog.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Train Waiting

I've got one, Martin.  Never been used!

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

Quote from: Train Waiting on January 03, 2021, 03:38:57 PM
I've several motors, Martin.  But I don't think I have the mounting plates for above-baseboard use.

Best wishes.

John
Aha.....I can buy the mounting plates, they are in stock, it's the motors that are like hen's teeth.
If you have 3 or 4, I'm happy to pay the full rrp for them. That is assuming you no longer need them.
I have plenty of Seep under board motors but for where the motors are needed on Trepol Bay, I can't fit them in.
Cheers
Martin

Train Waiting

I've been caught out!  I sneakily edited my post when I checked the Peco catalogue and realised that PL-11 is the new-style surface-mounted motor that lies alongside the points.  I've one of these.

But your subsequent post gives me hope that it is the traditional type (PL-10) that you want.  I have a mild profusion of these.

Now that I have caused confusion,  :-[ would you please advise what kind you are after.

Best wishes.

John

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

Hi John.

It is the PL-11s that I want.
Where the motors are to go, it won't be possible to use the PL-1os without a lot of trouble I'm afraid.
If I was starting again from scratch I'd use Seeps but I don't really want to do that.
When you talked about mounting plates, I assumed, wrongly, that you were referring to the PL12 adaptor plates.
It's all very confusing.

Thanks anyway

Martin

Train Waiting

Certainly confusing once I got involved!

Anyway; I have one PL-11, unused, which is now yours.  I have abandoned Twentieth Century remote point operation in favour of poking at them with sticks.

Best wishes.

John

Chuffington

Possibly a dumb question but Peco state the PL-11 is for OO/HO ?

Do they work OK with N ?

port perran

Quote from: Train Waiting on January 03, 2021, 05:42:18 PM
Certainly confusing once I got involved!

Anyway; I have one PL-11, unused, which is now yours.  I have abandoned Twentieth Century remote point operation in favour of poking at them with sticks.

Best wishes.

John
That's very kind John.
Thank you.
Now.....anybody got 2 or even 3 more?

Quote from: Chuffington on January 03, 2021, 05:42:54 PM
Possibly a dumb question but Peco state the PL-11 is for OO/HO ?

Do they work OK with N ?

Yes, they will work ok with N.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations