Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Looks like the one I've got! What's it's name?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mca0004

Bealman

Cool.  Mine's "The King's own Yorkshire Light Infantry."

(Bought at Wigan show in 2014 shortly after it was released)

mca0004

That's awesome!

This is actually my second Class 55 in N Gauge, but the first one I can use. My other one (in BR Blue) I bought for dirt cheap at a model rail exhibition, but it's an ancient Lima model, and I can't get it DCC fitted, since none of the model rail shops I can go to will do it.

So I'm glad I got this new one now.

Bealman

Light years ahead of the old Lima model, which these days is merely an historical artifact.  :thumbsup:

crewearpley40

Beautiful loco. Just need a few Maroon coaches

Graham

Great job Fin, will look forward to seeing it next week, wont make tonight.
cheers
Graham

Newportnobby

Bought a few wagons off fellow member Catsick from the N'Porium.
It's my intention to replace silver wheels with blackened ones where necessary (I think I have some somewhere), to fit the coupler that's missing (I deffo have some but will my shaky hands cope? :-[) and to try to level the roof of the Toad top right in the pic, although knowing me I'll cause more damage by doing so. Note please I knew about these before buying.
The 2 x grey Toads are Poole Farish 4 digit references and the others are the 6 digit references.

crewearpley40

Look.good mick. If you need wheels farish 379410 / 411. Lprails, John dutfield and Peters spares best bets

Bealman

Southerngooner

A bit of a result today when visiting Bury St Edmunds. Popped into Model Junction to buy some superglue and found they had a number of green Farish Mk1 and Bulleid coaches brand new for £19.99 each. Needless to say I had to relieve them of some, so my fiver or so for glue turned into £105.......

Always good knowledgeable service there too.

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Southerngooner

They may not list it but they had a fair selection of Farish, Dapol and EFE stuff in stock, about typical is said for a smaller dealer. Their prices on the whole were about list, but they did have the "bargains" (depends on your own definition!) I picked up. They sold a lot of other stuff and were the shop that got me onto Revell Acrylic matt varnish which is as good as Testors Dullcote in my view and cheaper.

Dave
Dave

zwilnik

I picked up my cache of purchases in the UK on my brief trip there last week.

I managed to land a Blue Pullman (2nd hand from Hattons), Western Pullman (Model Railways Direct), a Hymek and Class 37 with a Parcels Express GUV (Kernow Model Centre) and used the buy 5 get a discount offer from the NGS to get a Thompson full brake, 2x car flats, the LMS liveried inspection car and the Queen Mary brake van. Also got a rake of Osborns Models' 4 wheel coach kits and enough of their wheel, bogies and transfers to help me make a lot more 3D printed wagons and coaches.

A heads up if you're into Southern stuff btw. Kernow Guildford had a box set of 6 Maunsell High Window coaches for £165 when I was in there.

Southerngooner

That's not a bad price for 6 coaches but unfortunately they'll be the Southern livery ones. I'm waiting for the BR ones to arrive, even if my wallet isn't!

Dave
Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations