Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D, jpendle, Intercity and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

geofff

No picture as everyone has seen it - but just received the N Gauge Society Thompson full brake - looks wonderful.

pinball

A second hand 25 off a popular electronic auction "inter net" site, and a new Network South East Class 03. Both fitted with DCC chips now and run nicely.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

The 25 looks good as does the parcels stock. Happy days in my opinion

Foxhound

More Scottish BRCW Type 2 Loveliness in the shape of Dapol's 27108...

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

mca0004

My latest purchases, bought dead cheap at a model railway show.

A Hornby Minitrix 2mt, and a Lima Class 55 Deltic, they cost 90aud (~50gbp) and 50aud (~30gbp) respectively.

My plan is; when I get my Pannier tank repaired, I'll drop these two off to hopefully get DCC fitted. However, I have read that it may not be possible to DCC fit them, but I talked to 3 different people at the show about it and they said "Where there's a will there's a way". So fingers crossed!

Worse comes to worse, I'll sell them for the same price I bought them. They both work perfectly (I tested them myself at my home layout) and it's not like they're going to depreciate any more in value, they're both already ~50-~40 years old at this point already anyway.

Platy767

...and thanks to the very efficient NGS Shop Manager, my latest 3.
That's an LMS 50' Inspection Saloon, a red Stove and a Stove chassis for a 6 wheel coach.

Out of area and out of era, but can't resist, and besides @Bealman likes the inspection coach too!

Mark

Bealman

Two of the best RTR NGS models, in my humble opinion.  :thumbsup:

mca0004

My latest mail arrival.

I'm very happy with these. A maroon one for my Condor, a crimson one for my breakdown train, and a crimson & cream one since I liked the look of it.

Bealman

mca0004

So I went from getting no mail for a few weeks to getting it all in one afternoon.

In my many packages, came these two lovelies!

A Merchant Navy Class, bought used from Hattons, and a War Department Austerity, bought new from Kernow. Both are Graham Farish.

Bealman

mca0004

This arrived in the mail today.

A Graham Farish 3F Jinty, bought used from EBay. It came DCC fitted and weathered from TMC. I've already swapped out the couplings with regular one.

Bealman

geofff

I've been buying and selling lately in order to get brand new locos.

I've ended up with a Dapol Schools class from Rails and a 38XX from DCC supplies - DCC supplies seem to have very competitive prices.

I had a few issues with  Arnold/Hornby Brighton Belle, but all resolved and a brand new model.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations