went out with my son

Started by lil chris, September 11, 2020, 09:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Newportnobby

I've just read Nottinghamshire Police have fined a 19 year old £10,000 for holding a party with 50 attendees. Hallelujah. At last someone has the cojones to go to the full length of the law.

Graham

I had my rant yesterday, luckily down under we don't seem to have suffered to the same extent as other places.

It does make me realise we on this forum seem to have "our heads screwed on" in relation to showing concern for each other and staying safe.

all the best
Graham

port perran

I've just seen the film clips on the news this morning of folk out in their hordes in London and Liverpool.
Absolutely no masks or distancing in sight, including the reporters!
Look out for huge numbers of infection over the next few weeks.
Why oh why did the government allow three days grace before applying the rule of six? Grrrrrr.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Quote from: port perran on September 13, 2020, 08:24:20 AM

Why oh why did the government allow three days grace before applying the rule of six? Grrrrrr.

Whenever a new rule like the rule of six is announced, I think that if it is necessary in three days time, why is it not necessary now?  ???. And when rules are announced about quarantining when returning from holiday, 'as of 4am next Sunday' (or whatever), why do people returning at 3.59am not need to quarantine? It would be a lot simpler if people were told that they could leave their own country for a holiday, but they will quarantine for 14 days when they return.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: port perran on September 13, 2020, 08:24:20 AM

What bothers me is that some people do not realise that once the decision has been announced immediate compliance is sensible and responsible. A bit like people who complained about the short notice changes in the international travel laws. They wanted to slip in before the deadline to avoid 14 days quarantine - even though they were as likely to be carriers/infected as the person who arrived one hour later. The "get away with it" attitude which runs through today's culture is made worse by government delaying implementation dates. We had an outbreak in our locality all traced to one large family group assembling at a big private function without masks or distancing. The irony was that one of them was a prominent "Covid is a hoax" protagonist on social media, whose credibility took a big knock when he and his two teenage children all became infected.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Bealman

Ah well, people get what they deserve, I reckon.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

It's interesting that despite the prophecies of doom there wasn't a spike in cases following the rallies a few months ago; it does seem stupid to say "there's a lockdown in 3 days time, but don't make this a party weekend". It's unsurprising that that's exactly what ends up happening.

Quote from: Bealman on September 13, 2020, 10:21:48 AM
Ah well, people get what they deserve, I reckon.

That of course is the problem - younger people go out, catch it, then go and give it to Ethel, their 90 year old grandmother.

I'll be honest right now I'd just run the risk of catching it, indeed I'm pretty confident we all had it in February, but it's not about me, it's everyone who may catch it from me.

Bealman

That's about it.

Not spreading it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Southerngooner

Here in rural France things have been quiet, almost unchanged, but the summer bought people, including lots of British, Dutch, French and German tourists, out in the same numbers as previous years. We've made sure any meals out are outside in plenty of space, and made sure we wear masks as appropriate (provided free by our Mayor).

We just hope we don't get lockdowns in either France or the UK as we are moving back to the UK in mid-October........

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 12, 2020, 09:17:11 PM
I've just read Nottinghamshire Police have fined a 19 year old £10,000 for holding a party with 50 attendees. Hallelujah. At last someone has the cojones to go to the full length of the law.

perhaps they should also be cut off....

obviously too  :censored: stupid to be allowed to reproduce  :smiley-laughing:

themadhippy

Quotefined a 19 year old £10,000 for holding a party with 50 attendees
Should have claimed they were testing the eyesight,and any way there only breaking the law in a very limited and specific way.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bob G

Quote from: themadhippy on September 13, 2020, 06:46:16 PM
Quotefined a 19 year old £10,000 for holding a party with 50 attendees
Should have claimed they were testing the eyesight,and any way there only breaking the law in a very limited and specific way.

Your satire is wasted on us. You should be on Instahippy or Twatter.

themadhippy

Quotesatire
you call it satire,i call it pointing out double standards.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

stevewalker

I think that we are descending into politics here.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations