England Cricket T20/ODIs

Started by Philip., August 28, 2020, 11:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

A pretty dismal batting performance by England who were saved only by an even more dismal performance by the Aussies ::)

Philip.

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 05, 2020, 03:34:19 PM
A pretty dismal batting performance by England who were saved only by an even more dismal performance by the Aussies ::)

We have taught them well   ;)

Philip.

Can we have Pakistan back? They were much more fun  ;)

crewearpley40

Wonderful innings from jos buttler though

Philip.

Quote from: crewearpley40 on September 06, 2020, 06:19:59 PM
Wonderful innings from jos buttler though

Hopefully he's done enough to shut his critics up

port perran

Newportnobby

Excellent result :claphappy:
The English bowlers really cramped up the Aussies, and it was great to see Steve Smith run out :)

Philip.

The opening burst from Archer [where's he been all summer] and Wood was brutal, and really shook Australia, they never really recovered.

OffshoreAlan

I saw an amusing riposte on a BBC website.

One guy had posted "The Aussies looked a bit rusty" to which another replied "Nothing a bit of sandpaper won't sort out mate "  :)

Newportnobby

Uh-oh. Hope this doesn't prevent a whitewashing of the Aussies.......

An ECB statement read: "England batsman Jos Buttler left the bio-secure bubble yesterday evening following the team's victory over Australia to be with his family. He will miss England's final Vitality IT20 against Australia on Tuesday at the Ageas Bowl.

"Buttler, subject to testing, will return to the bio-secure bubble on Thursday ahead of the first ODI of the Royal London Series at Emirates Old Trafford on Friday."

Philip.

I'm a big fan of Jos Buttler and in these extraordinary times it must be so hard being away from family for extended periods but the international summer will be over for England in just over a weeks time and with no England games for the foreseeable future he will have plenty of time with his family then.

Or could it be something to do with the fact he's clearing off in September to play in the IPL until November?

There maybe other reasons to go home that we are not privvy to of course.

Buffin

And is Morgan ruled out because of his finger?

port perran

Is that enough?
Probably not but let's hope so.

Philip.

Quote from: port perran on September 08, 2020, 07:40:01 PM
Is that enough?
Probably not but let's hope so.

It's not looking like it at the minute  ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations