Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus, JBQFC and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

guest311

yes it's me again .....

yesterday we had a call from the surgery to 'review' SWMBO's prescriptions, most likely translates a "She's cost how much ???????"

anyway, tried to be nice, went through them all... though mostly it was a case of

"Why is she taking that ?"

"Cause the doctor said she needed to !"  :D

"Do you manage her medication ?"
"Yes, she'd probably get confused, so I sort it!"
Do you need any help with managing her medication ?"

very tempted to suggest that an 18 year old nyphomaniac in a pvc mini nurses uniform and boots would be a great help  >:D

but in the end just replied
"No thank you, I can manage"

and it went on, and on, and on  :veryangry:

finally it stopped.  :thumbsup:

this morning, another call to 'review' my medication  :help:

"do you need any help with managing your medication ?"

"I take two, a daily statin, and as required pain killers for my back. I can, seeing as how I manage SWMBO's numerous assorted medications, I'd assume I could manage my TWO"

then we went on to
diet - meat - veg - salad - burgers - kibab etc
smoking - no - not since 1970
drinking - yes - and about to start if this lasts much longer

do you exercise .....
I'VE GOT AN 8 YEAR OLD HUSKY  :'( OF COURSE I EXERCISE

finally, after over half an hour, it was over ........
except for the text asking me to advise my height and weight  :'(

still, hopefully it will be another year before I have to go through this all again.

they mean well, but if you phone up to try to make an appointment to speak to, or heaven forbid see, a doctor it's over three weeks, by which time you'll either be
still waiting for the ambulance,
or
on a trolley in the corridor at A&E
or
still waiting for a bed to come free on a ward
or
dead
or got over whatever it was, and be walking the  :censored:  HUSKY.

think I'd better pack my biccies and coffee ready  :smiley-laughing:

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

cheers, and if you've got the kettle on a coffee, nato, please

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on November 13, 2021, 10:21:35 AM
just so long as it doesn't require sitting in a class room with some idiot advising how to resolve issues and your response to them. :'(

would rather the good old fashioned, remember the Sean Connery film The Hill, 'right you horrible lot, that pile of sand needs moving from there over to there. move it !

right, now move it back !

of course, depending upon the seriousness of ones transgressions, one would be issue with a shovel, spade, entrenching tool, ....

or in my case ......

teaspoon  :-[

some twenty odd or more years ago, while on the AA, I remember being taken off the road one day to go to the local [about an hour or so away] operations centre for a course ...

electronic ignition ?
fuel management systems ?
recovery and winching ?

no  >:(

a pile of us, ok about 10 of us, being told how communications work  :censored:

" control, this is Delta 623, over" always worked for me, but now some ADMINISTRATOR / TRAINER needed bodies for a course to keep up their figures.

we all sit in a circle and the 'trainer' has a ball of string [no comments please] which they use to explain how the system works.

member - call handler - deployment operator - attending patrol - deployment operator - recovery operator - recovery patrol "I'm heading base, sorry booked to finish on time today"  :-[

did these people
a. think we couldn't work out how it worked
b. think we were too thick to work out how it worked

AS WE DID IT ON A DAILY BASIS  :censored:

I'm sure half of this  :poop: is just designed to give people who can't do the job a chance to justify their job by telling people who do the job on a daily basis, how to do what they do.

dannyboy

Quote from: class37025 on November 16, 2021, 03:33:19 PM

I'm sure half of this  :poop: is just designed to give people who can't do the job a chance to justify their job by telling people who do the job on a daily basis, how to do what they do.

.... and it is only going to get worse. I am glad I have finished working for a living!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

Quote from: dannyboy on November 16, 2021, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: class37025 on November 16, 2021, 03:33:19 PM

.... and it is only going to get worse. I am glad I have finished working for a living!
Me too. Towards the end of my time as a coach driver some nebulous wierdo (probably in the EU) decreed that we all (truck drivers too) had to take a series of one day "courses" at the end of which time we would be issued a separate licence which we had to carry while at work (despite not being required to carry our normal licence). This would be ok except that there was no test, we only had to be there, no need to even listen although I did participate as a way to relieve the boredom.
Rant over.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

guest311

obviously you did at least errr 'tick the box' :D

railsquid

For my sins it looks like I'll have to sit through a 4 or 5 hour online "Ethics and Compliance Training" course, which will presumably finally provide an answer to the question of whether I am permitted to export nuclear weapons components to dodgy regimes. On the plus side there's a "Workplace Harassment Training Module", which is great as I've always been wondering how to correctly harass people in the workplace.

Yet_Another

Quote from: railsquid on November 17, 2021, 03:30:14 AM
For my sins it looks like I'll have to sit through a 4 or 5 hour online "Ethics and Compliance Training" course, which will presumably finally provide an answer to the question of whether I am permitted to export nuclear weapons components to dodgy regimes. On the plus side there's a "Workplace Harassment Training Module", which is great as I've always been wondering how to correctly harass people in the workplace.
It's good to know. My life was going nowhere until I had to do "How To Do Fraud Properly" training (AKA "Anti-Fraud & Money Laundering").
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

railsquid

Quote from: Yet_Another on November 17, 2021, 08:01:23 AM
It's good to know. My life was going nowhere until I had to do "How To Do Fraud Properly" training (AKA "Anti-Fraud & Money Laundering").

So is a short or long spin cycle better?

The Q

luckily ours are online and somewhat shorter.. also most of them you can click through to the stupid questions at the end and just do them..
I do like the fact they have now added a "what do you think of the course" at the end..

Had great fun on their anti racism course by pointing out everything on there was American, the laws quoted were American, and so was the statue of liberty shown at the end.. I said the whole course was racist.. :D

emjaybee

Many years ago when I was working in Wolverton Works, some charlie thought it was a good idea to get in a company to teach us how to work using the "Kaizen" principles.

Ten minutes into the first session of the day, they were (supposed to be) doing about four sessions a day for a week, the blokes from the lifting shop (think: dirtiest, filthiest job imagineable, where the principle delicate tool was a 2lb hammer) said, "So you're trying to teach us how to use common sense?". Much laughter ensued, ten minutes later most of the blokes walked out and went back to work.

The next session only got to fifteen minutes before the blokes started ridiculing the 'facilitator' before most decided it was far better for the company if they just got back to work and did something productive.

The next session only had two blokes turn up, as they were on a late shift and hadn't heard what a waste of time it was, and that was the end of 'Kaizen' teaching in the railway works.

Nobody got disciplined and we never heard any more about it, so I don't know if they got paid for the week, or if they refused to continue or what. Even the office staff thought it was a complete nonsense.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Calnefoxile

I currently work for the Ambulance Service, I'm not in a front line role but work in the IIT Team as a Radio & Data Systems Engineer, so can someone please explain to me why my ' Compulsory Training' includes:

Safeguarding Adults
Safeguarding Children
Preventing Radicalisation
Infection Prevention & Control
Dementia
Identifying & Supporting Victims of Modern Slavery

Did point all this out when I joined, but was told that it was standard NHS Training Package!!!

Regards

Neal.

railsquid

Quote from: The Q on November 17, 2021, 11:27:59 AM
luckily ours are online and somewhat shorter.. also most of them you can click through to the stupid questions at the end and just do them..
I do like the fact they have now added a "what do you think of the course" at the end..

Had great fun on their anti racism course by pointing out everything on there was American, the laws quoted were American, and so was the statue of liberty shown at the end.. I said the whole course was racist.. :D

Yeah, the mothership is a US entity, though the promised Workplace Harassment training is apparently tailored for each specific locale.

Though come to think of it I work from home anyway, probably means I'll have start creating some imaginary co-workers to hassle.  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Quote from: railsquid on November 17, 2021, 12:37:09 PM

Though come to think of it I work from home anyway, probably means I'll have start creating some imaginary co-workers to hassle

Could always get a cat ... or dog  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations