Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

well today is meant to be my first day back at work but i am at home waiting for the doctor to phone me
my colitis has flared up looks like a dose of steroids to start 2021

John

steve836

Quote from: JBQFC on January 04, 2021, 09:18:17 AM
well today is meant to be my first day back at work but i am at home waiting for the doctor to phone me

John

Sorry to hear that John. must be uncomfortable. Isn't there a permanent fix?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

JBQFC

Quote from: steve836 on January 04, 2021, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: JBQFC on January 04, 2021, 09:18:17 AM

John

Sorry to hear that John. must be uncomfortable. Isn't there a permanent fix?
Thanks Steve
but nope no cure they not even sure what causes it so it is just a case on managing symptom's during flare ups and hoping it go's into remission

John

dannyboy

I hope things soon improve for you John.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Back to lockdown. I don't have any problem with lockdown as such, but I was due to hire a 7.5 tonner to pick up a second-hand, sectional garage on Saturday and as the seller needs it out of the way so that he can build his own new garage, it is likely to be skipped and dumped before I am allowed to go and pick it up. It has taken many months to find one with panels compatible with my existing garage and I will probably find it difficult to find another - at least at any sensible price :(

Snowwolflair

If you can argue it is to do with "moving house" you can still go ahead.

See attached regulations

There are further reasonable excuses. For example, you may leave
home to fulfil legal obligations or to carry out activities related to buying,
selling, letting or renting a residential property, or where it is reasonably
necessary for voting in an election or referendum.

guest311

there you are, problem solved.

tell SWMBO how much you spent on the railway last year ....

and you'll be living in your newly enlarged garage  :smiley-laughing:

Malc

Problem is, the van hire place will be closed.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

The Q

Quote from: Malc on January 05, 2021, 08:36:17 AM
Problem is, the van hire place will be closed.
Not necessarily, many businesses hire vehicles for work, so there will still be a call for them to be available..

Papyrus

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, Sainsbury's have got Easter eggs in stock...

:'( :headbutt:

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

mickeyflinn

Quote from: Papyrus on January 05, 2021, 05:45:01 PM
Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, Sainsbury's have got Easter eggs in stock...

:'( :headbutt:

Cheers,

Chris
Our local Tesco was selling hot-cross buns on Boxing Day!!

NinOz

Arrhh!  We will be entering a 4 day lockdown in 7 hours.  A person with covid traveled about Brisbane area.
Just discussing how lucky Queensland had been so far with life being essentially as normal.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

dannyboy

Here in Ireland, we are now in lockdown until at least the end of the month. I am quite happy with that. What makes me unhappy, (even angry), is the fact that our Government stated, when the lockdown was announced just this week, that some school students would go to school for three days a week. Apparently schools are 'safe' but nobody says anything about the students going from an 'unsafe' area to a 'safe' area and then back to an 'unsafe' area at the end of the school day. The virus does not stay outside the school gates!  >:(. What is even more annoying though, is the fact that the Government decided yesterday that the schools will now stay shut, 48 hours after they said they could open.  >:(. It is no wonder that some people do not know what is happening when the Government can say one thing one day and then change their minds two days later. I know I have said this before, but why on earth can we not have a total lock down, (with some exceptions of course), for two or three weeks? Rant over, (maybe this should be in the angry thread).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

It's the same in France - government speak has variable geometry

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations