Captcha images not working

Started by AdeV, August 09, 2023, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

Sorry to have only been here a day and already finding an issue :(

I'm trying to respond to a PM, but the Captcha isn't showing up, and the audio version is too scratchy for me to understand.  I know that Captcha is an absolute royal pain in the a**e on SMF forums (don't ask me HOW I know this!)... would be happy to try to work out the issue with someone :) And then I can reply to my PMs!

I assume the Captcha requirement goes away after a certain period of time/number of posts, since it's not (that I've seen) been mentioned...

Here's what I see BTW:

Cheers!
Ade

AdeV

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 09, 2023, 11:10:40 AMNot something I've seen in 12 years. Must be for newbies @Tank

It's a pretty common spammer deterrent.. In this case, 100% successful!  :smiley-laughing:
Cheers!
Ade

Browning 9mm

last one of these I remember was years ago, click on which pictures have a bus / other item.

ntpntpntp

What was the solution?  Someone on the Facebook group seems to be having a similar problem after resetting their password (hadn't used it for a while).
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

AdeV

I don't know TBH. It's stopped asking me for Captcha on the PMs now, probably because I've got enough posts to be considered "not a spammer". Although that's debatable  :smiley-laughing:
Cheers!
Ade

Tank

Many thanks.  I've disabled that for now, as it's not showing at all in the Admin section.

ntpntpntp

@Tank will that help Tom Curry who asked about it on the facebook group?  I expect you can find his post.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Tank

Thank you, I'll see if I can find it. :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations