Images not loading correctly

Started by lil chris, February 20, 2024, 08:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

The image function is not working correctly. I loaded a image and the BB code had the g] missing off the end,l I had to put them on the end myself. I did try reloading the picture but it did the same again.
Chris H.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

This evening I loaded a couple of pics and pasted them into a post with no issues, Chris.
Sorry, but I don't know what the problem could be

ntpntpntp

All good here, no problem with loading images. 

So it lost the "g]" of the closing "[/img]" tag?   Seems very odd.    Were you using the add image link and letting it insert the into your post,  or going via the gallery and then copy/pasting the BB code link across?

I can see your image in the gallery's view of recently uploaded, all looks ok to me.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Nbodger

Chris,
When you have pasted the BB code the cursor ends up at the end of the code. It is possible you have caught other keys to move the cursor back hence delete the characters.

I have done this once without noticing followed by scratching my head.

lil chris

Thanks guys I usually load my pics through the gallery. I open the gallery in a  seperate tag then click add picture, I then choose user gallery and select category and choose my layout then click Add Picture. I then load the picture from there using browse etc, then Add the picture, I then select the picture in the gallery (Recent Items) and select BB code link. I do tend to high light the code using my mouse, at first I thought I had cut the end off has Mike suggested but I have not. I have just loaded another picture the same way now and it has done the same again. It does not matter if you click the icon instead of using the mouse the result is the same. This is the way I have loaded images ever since I have been on this forum.

I have just tried it again and this time although it looked like they were missing it has loaded correctly, must have been a bug or something, by the way I am using Windows 11..... Chris H.
 PS: Sorry to bother you guys.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on February 20, 2024, 09:59:51 PMI then select the picture in the gallery (Recent Items) and select BB code link. I do tend to high light the code using my mouse,
 PS: Sorry to bother you guys.

No need to apologise, Chris.
There is no need to highlight the BB code using your mouse. At the right hand end you'll see what looks like 2 pale blue sheets of A4 paper overlapping. Just left click on that (which highlights the BB code), go to your post and right click 'Paste' and the full code will appear. If in doubt, use 'Preview' to see if the pic has loaded and then hit 'Post'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations