Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snitchthebudgie

My prime time wasting activity is back.....   :claphappy:

Snowwolflair

Can we post photos to the gallery yet or will they get lost or cause corruptions.

NGFTech

I do not want to overstep Admin as he will say what can be done but from a technical standpoint you will not have access to media related items like images until the rest of it is uploaded. Thanks for your patience.

Malc

And is the forum supposed to be faster? Appears to be a lot slower now.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

Regarding speed, it will be faster once everything has been loaded.  We thought you'd appreciate the forum to be up and running than nothing at all.  :)

daffy

Great news, and looking forward to the fully functioning site.

Everything, bar the Gallery as noted, seems to be just fine, and no speed problems for me at least.

Though I'm left wondering how on Earth I managed to get through the last two days without a 'fix'. :D

Thanks to the whole team involved in the process. :thumbsup: :beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob G

Well done. I expect there will be some teething troubles but I know in the long run it will be better for all, so patience and thank you for coming back.
I had to sort my collection into eras for something to do while I was waiting :)

Seems I dont like the 1980s much :)

Best
Bob

mk1gtstu

Glad the forum is back up & running!  :thumbsup:

Cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Trainfish

Great to have the forum back, well done all.

The only other thing which appears to be missing is the favicon at the top.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

I was working one of my few remaining night shifts last night and I did not realise how much the forum had become part of my life! Welcome back, (and, so far, no delays in receiving notifications  :thumbsup:).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on December 09, 2018, 07:07:20 PM
Great to have the forum back, well done all.

The only other thing which appears to be missing is the favicon at the top.

As if by magic the favicons have returned. Good work admin people  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Is Jean a British lady or a French man?

Peu importe.

Thank you Jean.

Maurits71

well done admin team, thanks you.
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

Dizz

Big thanks to Tank and the team for all the hard work.................really is very much appreciated.
:thankyousign:

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 09, 2018, 08:21:25 PM
Is Jean a British lady or a French man?

Peu importe.

Thank you Jean.
@joe cassidy  as part of Jean's signature you will see a link 'Who am I?' Click on that, Joe.

Quote from: Only Me on December 09, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on December 09, 2018, 03:54:10 PM
Hi Jean (bet you've not heard that before, eh?)

I'm still unable to post a DVD review :(

Time for a Blu Ray Mick? 🤪

@Only Me  :-* :moony: :P

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations