Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Sounds like a load of old Tunnocks to me*
*(other snowballs are available)

grumbeast

So..

My little girl (just turned 12) is away from home for the first time (not happy news.. I'm hating it!) at a Ballet intensive 2hrs away in Victoria.  She has to catch the bus from the homestay to the Studio each day.  Day 1 she catches the correct bus home.. but in the wrong direction and ends up miles away from where she needs to be in the suburbs.  The good news is that I only found out about it when she'd sorted it out got the right bus back on her own.  Very happy that she's fine and even happier that she's passed one of those 'I am as capable as my parents hope' tests

Its funny that at 12 I was galavanting all over the country trainspotting, but times have changed and its easier with boys I think (that said Ballet dancers are hard as nails)

G

Newportnobby

Quote from: grumbeast on July 10, 2019, 09:11:54 PM

Its funny that at 12 I was galavanting all over the country trainspotting, but times have changed and its easier with boys I think (that said Ballet dancers are hard as nails)

G

Likewise and, yeah, not sure I'd want to tangle with Darcy Bussell. Tango maybe yes.
Sounds like your daughter is a sensible lass

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 10, 2019, 10:16:16 PM

G

Likewise and, yeah, not sure I'd want to tangle with Darcy Bussell. Tango maybe yes.
Sounds like your daughter is a sensible lass

Seconded, as whilst I could be found at Clapham or even Heathrow by the age of 12 there is no way I could do some of the feats of strength ballet dancers do.

A magical discipline to watch but by eck you have to be tough to do it  :goggleeyes:

Glad @grumbeast daughter navigating well now  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 10, 2019, 01:58:04 PM
We called them Tunnocks tea cakes up north. They were smooth chocolate as opposed to the sna'ba's which had coconut on.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malc

G
I was commuting 35 miles by train to school each day at age 11, until we moved 3 months later.

Re your note about ballet dancers. I was in a pub just behind the Old Rep theatre in Brum when a couple of ballet dancers came into the bar. They still had the tights on, but were wearing coats. A couple of the locals started picking on them and pushing them about. 10 seconds later the 2 locals were flat on the floor and the dancers kept on supping their pints like nothing had happened. If you think about it, these lads have to pick up the prima ballerina, who may be putting on a bit of weight, and carry them overhead around the stage.

David Asquith

I´ve always thought dancers, particularly ballet,  would make good martial artists.

Dave

grumbeast

Quote from: Malc on July 11, 2019, 03:50:15 PM

Re your note about ballet dancers. I was in a pub just behind the Old Rep theatre in Brum when a couple of ballet dancers came into the bar. They still had the tights on, but were wearing coats. A couple of the locals started picking on them and pushing them about. 10 seconds later the 2 locals were flat on the floor and the dancers kept on supping their pints like nothing had happened. If you think about it, these lads have to pick up the prima ballerina, who may be putting on a bit of weight, and carry them overhead around the stage.

The Prima's are all muscle so aren't lightweights, the guys are unbelievably strong, coordinated and flexible.  It doesn't surprise me that the guys that Malc mentions dropped the guys picking on them.  When the Zombie apocalypse comes, I'm skipping the local military base and heading straight for the Dance studio!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on July 11, 2019, 03:39:42 PM
We called them Tunnocks tea cakes up north. They were smooth chocolate as opposed to the sna'ba's which had coconut on.

I think Tunnocks Teacakes are a different product altogether, Malc. Biscuit base, marshmallow and covered in smooth milk or plain chocolate. I used to visit them fairly often as I sold packaging to them.
http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/

port perran

Nice to beat the Aussies but even better to wallop them.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

To beat the australians. New zealand await us. Superb all round performance

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 11, 2019, 04:44:18 PM

I think Tunnocks Teacakes are a different product altogether, Malc. Biscuit base, marshmallow and covered in smooth milk or plain chocolate. I used to visit them fairly often as I sold packaging to them.
That's why I posted it Mick. You said a load of  Tunnocks but I didn't think they did snowballs.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Malc on July 11, 2019, 06:45:24 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 11, 2019, 04:44:18 PM

That's why I posted it Mick. You said a load of  Tunnocks but I didn't think they did snowballs.

Snowballs were made by Lee's I think

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations