Warship liveries

Started by michael, October 11, 2011, 07:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael

Hi all

I have a minitrix warship thats looking a bit tatty and would benefit from a repaint. Apart from the Warship that was painted in DB colours was there ever any livery other than blue, green or marron? I'd really like to do something a bit different to the norm but dont really want to stray to far from protoype on this one.

Thanks

4x2

Quote from: michael on October 11, 2011, 07:51:01 PM
Hi all

I have a minitrix warship thats looking a bit tatty and would benefit from a repaint. Apart from the Warship that was painted in DB colours was there ever any livery other than blue, green or marron? I'd really like to do something a bit different to the norm but dont really want to stray to far from protoype on this one.

Thanks
How about the experimental sand livery that was used on a western (D1001 Western Enterprise), you could say it was tried breifly, who's knows it might be true ! (could have been too embarresd to let it outside  :smiley-laughing:)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

EtchedPixels

Quote from: michael on October 11, 2011, 07:51:01 PM
Hi all

Thanks

Basically no... although there are varations in terms of full/half yellow ends and the like. If you wanted to make it a spot different I guess other possibilities would be to fill the nose and remove the headcode boxes as on the first few locos ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations