Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Every thing except 80 % of my oesophagus and 40% of my stomach which was affected by cancer. My marbles were lost years ago!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Having to drink 2 litres of Moviprep today ready for an investigation tomorrow. Not so worried about tomorrow but this stuff tastes awful and even worse, I'm not allowed to wash it down with IPA  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on February 19, 2020, 01:59:03 PM
even worse, I'm not allowed to wash it down with IPA  :(

I thought the Health Service was a caring profession?  ;) Good luck tomorrow John.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

Quote from: stevewalker on January 23, 2020, 07:59:25 PM
My wife was a nurse. If I fall ill, she is very sympathetic and caring - for about 24 hours - after that, it is a case of "Enough, you can sort yourself out now."

could be worse, she could give you a go bag of pills and tell you she needs the bed  :smiley-laughing:

steve836

Having to drink 2 litres of Moviprep today ready for an investigation tomorrow. Not so worried about tomorrow but this stuff tastes awful and even worse, I'm not allowed to wash it down with IPA  :(
So use the IPA to clean the track. :D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

JBQFC

been there done that go luck hope all go's well

John

Trainfish

Quote from: steve836 on February 19, 2020, 04:01:17 PM
So use the IPA to clean the track. :D

Such a waste! Unless you mean isopropyl alcohol of course but that will have to wait a couple of days. If I bend over the layout today who knows what may happen  :goggleeyes:

Quote from: JBQFC on February 19, 2020, 05:22:31 PM

been there done that go luck hope all go's well

John

Thanks John. I'm no virgin to this procedure, about 6 times now I reckon but it doesn't make you any less nervous about the result.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Just got home and ate 2 quarter pounder burgers immediately as I've not eaten for 42 hours! Usual story, polyps removed and sent away for testing, await the GP call. Was more uncomfortable than before so I had plenty of Entonox, still feeling a little light headed  :laugh3:
John

<*))))><

dannyboy

Hope the results come back negative John. Are you sure it is the Entonox making you feel light headed and not the quarter pounders?  ;)
David.

GroupC

Quote from: GroupC on January 28, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: GroupC on December 09, 2018, 02:23:15 PM
Quite a few pages ago I posted that my friend had found out he has a brain tumour.

Since then it was diagnosed as the least bad sort, still needing surgery to remove however. He's now had another MRI and they told him it wasn't what they first thought. He's going in tomorrow for a 6-hour op to have it removed. All of this is awful enough but he apart from the initial "access" phase into his head, shall we say, he has to be awake for he whole operation.

Sort of puts stuff into perspective really and I cannot begin to imagine how his wife and family will be feeling tomorrow.

If anyone has 5 minutes spare tomorrow from about noon could they please send positive vibes towards Leeds General Infirmary. I would appreciate it greatly.

To refer to the above quote from me...

I went to see my friend today. His tumour which started as Grade 1, the least bad one, turned rapidly into a Grade 4, the absolute worst, hence the surgery I mentioned.

He got back home on New Year's Eve and starts chemo and radiotherapy this Thursday, for 6 weeks, to target the remaining parts of the tumour they were unable to remove during surgery. He told me the whole story of his last few weeks (incl Christmas in LGI) today and you really would not want to have been him!

Incredibly he looks really fit and well and you'd never guess what he's undergone, or what he still has to undergo, or that he even has anything at all wrong with him, from his outward persona, which is great, but of course he still has the cancer.

I'd like to say thanks, if I didn't before, to those who replied, read or even scanned over my initial post. We still need your help! From what he's said the NHS has been amazing (an overused word in society today, but here it is spot on) so huge thanks too, to all at LGI and the various labs which have dealt with him.

So... Keep fighting Peter!

After almost a year of comparative wellness my friend Peter now has a second brain tumour. Chemo won't work apparently and he has refused surgery after the many traumas of the first operation.

Very sadly this means he will almost certainly be leaving us and I can't really bring myself to write much more.

Newportnobby

That is hugely sad but I can understand his decision.

dannyboy

That is so sad. I feel for him as my 'baby' sister eventually decided that she would have no more medical intervention. Life can be cruel.
David.

Trainfish

I also understand Peter's decision as my father had to make very similar decisions. It's not easy for those around him either but they do of course have to respect his decision.
John

<*))))><

dannyboy

I am unhappy! I have got to the point where I am putting the roof on the station for 'Averingcliffe'. The roof was cut for the two storey section, (three gable 'bits'), and covered in my printed self-adhesive label and I was quite happy with the result. I then realised that I did not have enough printed label remaining to do the long single story bit. No problem thinks I, I will just print another label. Yeh, right. Got it printed and thought that it did not look right so checked it against the roof already done - yup, it is a slightly different shade. So I printed another - same as the first print. I have even got Louisa to check, (in case my eyes are worse than I thought), and yes, she agrees it is a bit different. Since I did the original printing, I have changed the colour cartridge in my printer, but I would have thought the output would be the same from one cartridge to another. So now I have a choice - either cover the single storey bit in the 'wrong' shade and hope nobody notices, (but I will), or re-cover the first bit of roof in the 'wrong' shade as well, so that they match. Problem is, the first bit of roof is stuck down now. Aaagh!  :'(.

Moral of the story - make sure you have enough materials to hand to complete the job in one go!  :doh: :smackedface:
David.

port perran

David

I can't remember what the roof looks like but could you add a light wash of paint or powder to disguise the differing colours?
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations