Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

I have to say, that I too have started to enjoy creating my own rolling stock from older models.  They are in no way a match for RTR but they were made by my own hand and unique.

Maybe there is/will be a market for something like an N Gauge "RailRoad Plus" range?  Models where there is a lot less fitted details, simpler construction but excellent decoration and a top notch chassis.  I would certainly be interested especially as I am finding the finer details of modern N rolling stock are only visible at extreme close-up!

Each to their own though...  :D

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

davidinyork

Quote from: Paddy on February 16, 2020, 02:23:16 PM
I have to say, that I too have started to enjoy creating my own rolling stock from older models.  They are in no way a match for RTR but they were made by my own hand and unique.

Maybe there is/will be a market for something like an N Gauge "RailRoad Plus" range?  Models where there is a lot less fitted details, simpler construction but excellent decoration and a top notch chassis.  I would certainly be interested especially as I am finding the finer details of modern N rolling stock are only visible at extreme close-up!
F

Paddy

The market just isn't big enough to support several price/detail ranges.

PLD

Paddy
We've done that topic so many times... In short, unless the presence of a second less detailed model increases the total sales to somewhere approaching double the current market, the loss of economies of scale in production could potentially mean the lesser specified model costs MORE than the current single spec models...

Roy L S

If the MK show I attended yesterday is anything to go by, the comparative dearth of locos, both steam and diesels available on both Cheltenham Models and Plus Daughters compared to times not so long ago (and wagons too) may suggest that supply issues are now starting to bite. I really do hope that Bachmann sort their act out even if it is to prioritise re-treads of existing tool models. People can't buy what isn't on the shelves.

Roy

Ted

Are there actually any updates for release dates?

I feel like I've been waiting for years... and I only got in to the hobby 18 months ago!
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

maridunian

Paddy

A bit like this? 🤔

;)

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Roy L S

Older tooling, less accurate and less detailed but the price differential between Peco and Farish is now crazy.

For sure the Farish models are highly authentic and exquisitely modelled/decorated, but DOUBLE the price of Peco - really?? Someone is having a proper bubbly!

You can still pick up Farish wagons at bargain prices, but I'm mighty glad I have all I will ever realistically need now, buying any more will be just because they are interesting prototypes. A sobering thought that at list price a rake of 20 basic 16 tonners, still without NEM pockets will not see much change out of £400! Worth remembering when you value stock for exhibitions etc.

Roy

Paddy

Quote from: maridunian on February 18, 2020, 06:50:06 PM

Paddy

A bit like this? 🤔

;)

Mike

Hi Mike ( @maridunian )

Absolutely and as you know I have been using the PECO wagons (and kits) to create my Weed Killing and Military trains for HOLLERTON JUNCTION.

In fact, there may well be a new instalment on the Military train tomorrow...

;)

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Newportnobby

Quote from: Ted on February 18, 2020, 06:03:26 PM

I feel like I've been waiting for years... and I only got in to the hobby 18 months ago!

The old Farish website used to carry availability dates but the new site appears to have dispensed with that - I wonder why? :D

Rabbitaway

Also note that Dapol wagons are generally cheaper than Farish, although some are less detailed, inbetween Peco and Farish, they also sell unpainted wagons at a similar price as Peco kits

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 18, 2020, 09:35:41 PM
Quote from: Ted on February 18, 2020, 06:03:26 PM

The old Farish website used to carry availability dates but the new site appears to have dispensed with that - I wonder why? :D

They're probably getting delivery dates which are hitting the Year 2038 problem

Thorpe Parva

Availability dates are here in the ETA Column...

https://www.bachmann.co.uk/category/model-railway/graham-farish

The 8F was listed as Jul-20 but has now moved to Sep-20.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations