Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Jolly bad luck, old chap!  :doh:

Not done that yet but there's time.

Are you able to repair yourself or like me, have to send off to those (much) more capable?

Dave G

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on October 28, 2015, 12:34:59 PM
Nobby's run of bad luck continues.................
Oh gosh!  :(
Now we need two extra buttons : "Dont Like" & "In Sympathy"

bmwm4rkym4rk

I think I missed the start what fell off the layout

fatso

Bad luck my son drilled into my finger yesterday causing me to go to hospital for few stitches and month of antibiotic's  this hobby getting more and more dangerous .mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

joe cassidy

My problem is not with my cuffs but with my beer/wine belly knocking stuff over at the front of the layout when I lean over to fiddle with something near the back.

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on October 28, 2015, 01:04:30 PM
Jolly bad luck, old chap!  :doh:

Not done that yet but there's time.

Are you able to repair yourself or like me, have to send off to those (much) more capable?

Dave G

Luckily I know a 'man who can' on the forum, Dave, so I'm hoping he can put Humpty the class 37 back together again (we need a fingers crossed smiley)

NinOz

Not happy.

How does a courier deliver two separate parcels from separate shippers to two people at the same address to the wrong address with both parcels returned to the post office marked not at this address. :'(

The labels are nicely laser printed ones not even hand scrawled using the poetic "fingernail dipped in tar". :'(

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

Well it is Queensland  ;) :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jonclox

:'( :'( Bang goes my next 2 months loco and baseboard stash of cash.
Realised that our Horse Chestnut tree in the front garden has got a bit out of control again and needs re-pollarding before the winter really sweeps across the country and things fall across the roads etc.
Needs this short back and sides pruning every 3-4 years and I hadnt  the time is due again  :'(
OK so it might only be a few hundred quid  :-\  but when one factors Christmas in as well it starts to look bad
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Shame Jon as they are such lovely trees.

Fortunately ours is in the corner next to the field so we don't have that challenge. Mind you, the walnut is now huge and a haircut is on the cards. The squirrels got all the crop as well!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Blimey, Jon :o
I never realised that would be so expensive. Might it be worth putting a tenner per month away in a separate account to cover the cost when it comes round?

daveg

That's the sort of thing we do, Mick.

Our long, very tall hedge needs cutting once a year and that's £180.00. A small trim off the big bay tree was an extra £20. It all adds up!  :(

Mind you, it takes 2 guys with all the long reach kit half the morning and they do take the cuttings away.

We'll be doing the walnut pruning ourselves.

Dave G

Bealman

Yep, pay a motza here for garden maintenance....

Me surname might be Green but green fingers I ain't got! Hate gardening. Especially here... lots of nasty evil critters lurk out there.

Worth every cent for a gardener.  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Oh the joys of a small garden... the only tree we have can be maintained from the upstairs balcony with a long-handled tree-cutting device.

On the other hand we are having a gate put in after someone nicked the Mrs' bike from the drive the other week,,, mystified as to why it needs to be so expensive (for that and something else which needs doing I  won't get much change out of 10 brand new British locos, I presume it's gold-plated titanium hand-forged by some dude who makes samurai swords for a living).

NinOz

Quote from: Bealman on October 30, 2015, 07:22:50 AM
lots of nasty evil critters lurk out there.
And that is just the neighbours.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations